Ewiglich die Sehnsucht by Brodi Ashton

Ewiglich die Sehnsucht (edition 2012)

by Brodi Ashton, Ulrike Wasel (Übersetzer), Klaus Timmermann (Übersetzer)

Member:Yuki-Chan
Title:Ewiglich die Sehnsucht
Authors:Brodi Ashton
Other authors:Ulrike Wasel (Übersetzer), Klaus Timmermann (Übersetzer)
Info:Oetinger (2012), Gebundene Ausgabe, 379 Seiten
Rating:***

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

For me personally, this book is AMAZING! The cover in itself got my attention...Then when I read the cover, I saw how unique and different this story was going to be. It took me a little bit to figure out exactly what was going on in it until she started going back and explaining what got Nikki Beckett where she was in her life.

I wasn't sure whether I would actually enjoy this book as much..I just knew it was something totally different than what I was normally reading {angels & vampires...mostly angels}...But once I began to grasp the concept of this story..It began to suck me in to the point I couldn't put it down. And it only took me a couple days to read it {hey, if I didn't have a home to run & kids (2) to tend to, I may have finished it in a day and a half or less...lol...But for me personally, the book was AMAZING!{Yes, I had to say it twice...:o)}...I am so ready for book two to come out...OH THE WAITING!!! :o) ( )
  obridget2 | May 14, 2017 |
I had high hopes for this since everyone seemed to love it but it was little painful to read. It got better towards the end, when something actually started to happen, but not much. ( )
  Elysianfield | Nov 16, 2016 |
Not a horrible book but not amazing either. I just have lost interest in books that involve girls whose entire worlds revolve around a guy or guys and that is the whole moving point of the story. I like strong female leads that hold their own and when there is romance it is not the thing that defines there lives it is something that happens while they are experiencing whatever trail or challenge they are trying to get through/defeat.

Also I got this book because I am fan of the Persephone Hades myth but found that while their were mentions of the myth it wasn't really what I was looking for it. I guess I was hoping for a fiction based on it where the strong and untouchable lord of the underworld softens and ends up eventually falling for a strong independent woman who eventually falls for him as well. Though Cole does hint at falling for against his original character it is only hinted at and Cole really isn't nearly as much of a hard souled, cold, demon being to begin with. He is soft to me from the start, like the glittery vampires of Meyer's. Not my cup of tea. ( )
1 vote Alexis_D. | Sep 22, 2016 |
Everneath was a really good book. I loved Jack, but I think I liked Cole more. Or maybe that was just Cole's charm pulling me towards him. ( )
  gracefranks25 | Apr 24, 2016 |
I almost gave up on this book, but i'm glad I kept going. It was one of those slow to start books, but the story concept was very intriguing, it is a modern day take on a Greek tragedy. At first I wasn't much into the Now and Then style of the book but I came around when I realized I wanted to know more about how did things got to this point for Nikki and it brought the culmination of the story full circle. I could understand why they made the choices they made from beginning to end.

In the end, I really liked this book and grateful that I kept reading.

Can't wait to see where the author takes Nikki and Jack's story so I wait patiently(yeah right!) for the next book. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |

Regretting her decision to forfeit her life on Earth to become an immortal on Everneath, a world between Earth and Hell, teenaged Nikki is given the chance to return to the Surface for six months, in this story loosely based on the "Hades and Persephone" myth.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,081,102 books! | Top bar: Always visible