Ewiglich die Sehnsucht by Brodi Ashton

Ewiglich die Sehnsucht (edition 2012)

by Brodi Ashton, Ulrike Wasel (Übersetzer), Klaus Timmermann (Übersetzer)

Member:Yuki-Chan
Title:Ewiglich die Sehnsucht
Authors:Brodi Ashton
Other authors:Ulrike Wasel (Übersetzer), Klaus Timmermann (Übersetzer)
Info:Oetinger (2012), Gebundene Ausgabe, 379 Seiten
Rating:***

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Not a horrible book but not amazing either. I just have lost interest in books that involve girls whose entire worlds revolve around a guy or guys and that is the whole moving point of the story. I like strong female leads that hold their own and when there is romance it is not the thing that defines there lives it is something that happens while they are experiencing whatever trail or challenge they are trying to get through/defeat.

Also I got this book because I am fan of the Persephone Hades myth but found that while their were mentions of the myth it wasn't really what I was looking for it. I guess I was hoping for a fiction based on it where the strong and untouchable lord of the underworld softens and ends up eventually falling for a strong independent woman who eventually falls for him as well. Though Cole does hint at falling for against his original character it is only hinted at and Cole really isn't nearly as much of a hard souled, cold, demon being to begin with. He is soft to me from the start, like the glittery vampires of Meyer's. Not my cup of tea. ( )
1 vote Alexis_D. | Sep 22, 2016 |
Everneath was a really good book. I loved Jack, but I think I liked Cole more. Or maybe that was just Cole's charm pulling me towards him. ( )
  gracefranks25 | Apr 24, 2016 |
I almost gave up on this book, but i'm glad I kept going. It was one of those slow to start books, but the story concept was very intriguing, it is a modern day take on a Greek tragedy. At first I wasn't much into the Now and Then style of the book but I came around when I realized I wanted to know more about how did things got to this point for Nikki and it brought the culmination of the story full circle. I could understand why they made the choices they made from beginning to end.

In the end, I really liked this book and grateful that I kept reading.

Can't wait to see where the author takes Nikki and Jack's story so I wait patiently(yeah right!) for the next book. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
I didn’t get really into this book until about half way in. After that I was hooked and couldn’t but it down. I love Nikki and Jack’s resistance to accept what will happen. I do have to say that I think Cole is probably my favorite character in this book. He’s obviously a bad boy, but I think somewhere inside he must have the capacity to feel. The beginning of the book was confusing, and I think that’s why I couldn’t get into it. I had too many questions and not enough answers. I think that the basis of this novel on Greek myths was an awesome way to go. It’s different, and I liked it.

It’s taken me over a week to write this review. When I finished it, I wasn’t stoked about this novel. I think a lot of it had to do with my mood. (Which happens a lot.) But after giving myself some time to let the story sink in and think about it, I really like this novel. I recommend it for those that are looking on a different twist to the paranormal genre. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
This book was the epitome of "meh." The writing and plot was decent enough to get me to the end, but I truly felt nothing for the characters or the plot. I basically finished it to see if the ending was compelling enough for me to continue on with the series.

It's not.

The plot, with the influences of Greek mythology, had a lot of potential but not only did it not reach the potential, it never got close. Maybe others will love it? I didn't, but I also didn't hate it. It was a mediocre experience. ( )
  uhohxkate | Jan 31, 2016 |

Regretting her decision to forfeit her life on Earth to become an immortal on Everneath, a world between Earth and Hell, teenaged Nikki is given the chance to return to the Surface for six months, in this story loosely based on the "Hades and Persephone" myth.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,161,137 books! | Top bar: Always visible