The Norse King's Daughter by Sandra…

The Norse King's Daughter (edition 2011)

by Sandra Hill

Member:ladyviking2u
Title:The Norse King's Daughter
Authors:Sandra Hill
Info:Avon (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Historical Romance, Vikings

The Norse King's Daughter by Sandra Hill

I have always had such a fun time reading this author, especially when it involves her time travel books, so I was a bit surprised to find that this one didn't have one ounce of time travel. A historical set in the Dark Ages. I will warn you that the viking slang does take some getting used to, and is probably the reason I had a trying time getting into it at first, but once I fully adjusted I started to really enjoy it, and it was hard to put down at times. There was such a chemistry between Drifa and Sidroc, and even though they are almost at each others throats quite a bit, there is also much more to their relationship.

Sidroc Guntersson has recently lost his wife, and so his baby daughter needs him. Sidroc is very insistent that she survive. His father would like nothing better than to toss her out on the doorstep, but Sidroc knows that he will need to remarry in order to gain wealth he needs and a mother for his child. So when he hears that King of Stoneheim still has one daughter unmarried, he decides to try to court her and marry her. Princess Drifa at first is enamored with Sidroc, he is handsome and charming, and makes her warm all over, so she decides to accept his suit, until she learns that all he needs her for is for his daughter and for the money he would attain if he were to marry her. So she swings a pitcher across his head, and it ends up doing quite a bit of damage and he is unconscious for six weeks. He wakes to find Drifa gone with her sisters on a trip so he ends up leaving to go after his daughter only to find her gone so he leaves to build a new life for himself. Drifa is enraged when she hears of Sidroc's plot, but when she hears of his infant daughter, she decides to go after her and bring her back to Sidroc. When she returns she learns he is gone, and endeavors to find him. Now its been five years, and when she heads down to Byzantium, and is shocked to find him again. Now their mutual passion for each other has risen, and despite danger surrounding them at every turn, it will taking fully trust to defeat those that would tear them apart.

Sidroc is your typical viking, arrogant, confident, too good looking for his own good, and loves a beautiful woman in his bed. I found him to be very believable and fully authentic and so HOT you will need a fan to cool yourself down. Drifa I found to be a very endearing heroine, and I liked her immediately, and she has such courage and tenacity that is very admirable. She doesn't back down from Sidroc and I enjoyed seeing the chemistry build between the two characters.

I found this one to be a fun and adventurous tale that takes you back to the Viking Era, and shows a more sensual side to that time. I enjoyed the in depth characters, and the fun humor that keeps you laughing from beginning to end. I will warn you that the slang can be a bit much but if you give it time, you adjust to it, and it becomes a entertaining and enough intense conflict with the plot to keep you on edge at times. SATISFYINGLY ENJOYABLE!!! ( )
  addictofromance | Jun 1, 2013 |
THE NORSE KING'S DAUGHTER by Sandra Hill is an exciting Viking/ historical romance set in the Dark Ages. This is the story of King Thovald's(Norse King) last unmarried daughter,Drifa and Sidroc Guntersson,a Viking warrior,who needs a wife and mother for his infant daughter. "The Norse King's Daughter" is a fast paced story full of action,adventure,adventurous sex,sexual tension,kidnapping,mishaps, secrets,naughty thoughts,misunderstandings,romance,and love. "The Norse King's Daughter" is the story of an independent princess and her arrogant Viking warrior,their struggles with their feelings,and finding true love. This is a quick,.fun,lighthearted read with entertaining characters and an fun plot. A must read for anyone who enjoys historical, romance,Vikings,and a story with adventure and love. Received for review from the publisher and Net Galley. Details can be found at Avon,an imprint of Harper Collins and My Book Addiction Reviews. ( )
  tarenn | Nov 25, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 006167351X, Mass Market Paperback)

Hell Hath No Fury Like a Princess Scorned!

Princess Drifa can certainly see why Sidroc Guntersson is a living legend— on battlefield and in bedchamber both. But the King of Stoneheim’s willful daughter pitches a royal fit when she learns of the true reason for the virile Viking’s passionate attentions. A third-born son with no hope of inheriting the family jarldom, scheming Sidroc must marry and is interested in Drifa only for her father’s land and money. The barbarian is lucky she just cracks him on his fool head with a pottery pitcher!

Five years later, Drifa needs Sidroc’s protection— in Byzantium, no less!—though revenge holds more appeal for this man she left for dead. ’Tis a pity two such perfect enemies match each other so well, passion for passion. So much so that the bold Viking berserker is soon thinking marriage again . . . only this time it will be on his terms!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:36 -0400)

When she learns that Sidroc Guntersson is only courting her for her wealth, Princess Drifa hits him over the head and leaves him for dead, but when she needs his protection five years later, she must agree to his passionate terms.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,499,857 books! | Top bar: Always visible