Fracture by Megan Miranda

Title:Fracture
Authors:Megan Miranda
Info:Walker Childrens (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 272 pages

Fracture by Megan Miranda

This would really be a 2.5. This novel was definitely interesting and I did enjoy it overall, but there were times I thought the story was a little slow. Delaney falls through the ice and is in a coma for 6 days. Everyone thought she was dead so they are overjoyed that she miraculously recovers. However now, Delaney is able to sense when others are going to die and she doesn't know what to do with this new power.
It was definitely an interesting concept and would be good for middle school or high school readers. However, like I said, as an adult reading the story, there were parts I didn't understand and that were slow to get through. ( )
  dingesa27 | Dec 6, 2016 |
Um. Not great. But managed to finish it. I found the premise interesting, but the tos and fros were totally silly. How can the main character be attracted to the totally invisible (and non-descript) Carson, the (literally) boy next door, and the dangerous guy? I actually found her attraction to Troy mega disturbing. Not memorable. ( )
  mmacd3814 | May 30, 2016 |
Interesting teen read, paranormal story about a girl who should be brain dead but for some reason is alive, with the curse of being able to sense near death in others. Good tight writing and fast paced, and interesting subject/ dilemmas. ( )
  sydsavvy | Apr 8, 2016 |
Fracture tells the story of a girl who's had a near-death experience, and gains powers from said experience afterwards. Although the premise isn't that original, the plot line does develop nicely, as do the characters. Delaney, the protagonist, develops the ability to predict death of the people around her, and she discovers that she's not the only one with this ability when she meets Troy, a boy who's has a similar experience. However, whether Troy truly has darker intentions is unknown, and throughout the book more twists and turns will be revealed. When I read this book for the first time, I found Delaney's character to be relatable, especially in terms of how she reacts to her parents after the accident. However, during the second read, I found Delaney's character to be a bit moody and whiny. Whether this is a criticism of her character or a term of self reflection, I'm not entirely sure of, but regardless, Delaney can be a little dramatic. Nonetheless, it's a pretty good read. ( )
  kdavis17 | Jan 22, 2016 |
I first read this book as a super ARC. Literally, a manuscript was sent to me in the mail and I devoured it. That was almost five years ago, and I've only just gotten around to reading the actual finished book. So I went in with a bit of hesitancy... would it be as good as I remembered? Would anything have changed? It's a scary thing to reread a book you remember as being awesome, but can't remember a whole lot about.

The beginning of this book isn't all that interesting. The writing isn't quite phenomenal, but it's very good. I would not be surprised if Megan Miranda's writing got quite superb in the future (I haven't yet read her more recent novels). But it doesn't matter too much because the plot is awesome.

It's an original premise. A rather unique character. I hate love triangles, but the Decker-Delaney-Troy stuff is totally fine with me. Troy is an amazing character.

All of the mental brain stuff is very cool to read. How Delaney struggles, how her mom struggles, how literally EVERYONE struggles and you the reader honestly don't know if everything's going to fall apart or not.

And the ending. I love Delaney. She's so clever. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Jul 24, 2015 |
The first time I died I didn't see God.

After falling through the ice of a frozen lake and being resuscitated by her best friend Decker, seventeen-year-old Delaney begins experiencing a strange affinity for the dead and wonders whether she is predicting death or causing it.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,399,966 books! | Top bar: Always visible