Fracture by Megan Miranda

Title:Fracture
Authors:Megan Miranda
Info:Walker Childrens (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 272 pages

Fracture by Megan Miranda

Recently added byamdase, Tarklovishki, heaven_star, kerers, harriscountypl, BarrieSchool, private library

This book was really good, but it took me a while to finish. It was well written, but I didn't love it. The plot is different, something I've never read before. I give the book four stars. ( )
  stephanie.dicesare.7 | Jun 25, 2014 |
Going for vagueness here so no spoilers:

I picked up Fracture as an attempt to cleanse my mind after reading (and trying not to vomit upon) American Psycho. I expected your bog-standard, teen paranormal thriller along the lines of Lisa McMann’s Wake series. Thankfully, I got so much more. I got a stay up until 3am book. I got a female character who is believable as a teenager — occasionally selfish, a little slow at appreciating the feelings of those around her —and yet strong in her own mind and self. The supporting characters, particularly Decker and Troy, were well-drawn and complex. They did not feel, as happens in some books, to be mere satellites of the narrator, their lives effectively ending when away from the page. Megan Miranda’s writing style perfectly fitted the tone of the story — no flowery histrionics but a realistic, low-key simplicity that never descended into cheap thrills or cliche. I especially liked how Miranda ended the book; with the loose ends and ambiguity of real life. An excellent debut!
  ManthaLockett | Jun 1, 2014 |
Miracle? Eleven minutes without breathing can change a person....... ( )
  TeamDewey | Apr 6, 2014 |
This book is about a girl who drowns but still lives and the aftermath of the drowning especially her relationship with her parents and neighbor. As an effect of the drowning, Delaney can sense when people are dying and she makes a new friend in Troy who was also in a coma. Is Troy like her in sensing death or is he causing death? I liked this book, but felt the ending was a little abrupt and should have been explained or expounded... ( )
  SparklePonies | Mar 17, 2014 |
It is part coming of age, part psychological thriller and part medical mystery.

The premise of the book is interesting if not entirely unique. What is unique in this story is the fine line between being able to define the story as an example of unexplained neurological changes and/or a seemingly supernatural ability.

The character dies and comes back to life under the stretched limits of scientific possibility. The struggles she faces are both internal and external. There are the facets of her life that were in place before the accident and the new people and experiences that come about as a result of her accident.

Strong characters, good plot orientation and smooth flow make this book an easy read.

Angelina-Justice | Feb 3, 2014 |

After falling through the ice of a frozen lake and being resuscitated by her best friend Decker, seventeen-year-old Delaney begins experiencing a strange affinity for the dead and wonders whether she is predicting death or causing it.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,007,281 books! | Top bar: Always visible