The Look of Love (San Francisco Sullivans,…

The Look of Love (San Francisco Sullivans, #1; The Sullivans, #1) (edition 2011)

by Bella Andre

Member:Kellylynn22
Title:The Look of Love (San Francisco Sullivans, #1; The Sullivans, #1)
Authors:Bella Andre
Info:Bella Andre, Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Rating:*****

The Look of Love by Bella Andre

Saving her after her car goes off the road, Chase falls hard for a woman who has obviously been abused. I felt the intimacy moved way to fast for Chloe's background story, I wanted more. Several interesting characters ( )
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Oh my god, I just couldn't put this book down. I mean I told myself I was going to read only chapter and I ended up reading like 4 of them.
Bella writes so you can relate to the characters. Chloe is not your typical damsel in distress, she is actually a strong girl who just needs someone to be there for her. Chase is right there to be her pillar of support and to cheer her on, to let her make her own decisions. Than you have dear old Marcus, who gives you a insight into what the rest of the family could be like.
This book is just absolutely amazing, I couldn't put it down and now I am excited to start reading the second one and the rest of the series. ( )
  WormsReview | Aug 31, 2018 |
This is my first Bella Andre book. I was really excited to read her as I have heard soo much about her Sullivans. I love family series, getting to know all the siblings and relatives a little more with each story. Just makes you feel like your one of the family! I enjoyed her writing style which made the book seem promising.. however there was just too much sex for me. It seemed to me that is all they did, page after page. It got tiresome and I found myself skimming through the scenes.

The plot of an abused hero/heroine learning to trust again is not my favourite. However, I have read stories in the past with this plot and it can be a very powerful story if done well. I felt that the timeline of this story (4-5 days) was not sufficient time to heal those kind of wounds if she was indeed suffering... and I got tired of each of the characters questioning themselves after each sexual encounter.... "oh i shouldn't of had sex with him. . I don't want to let a man into a position where he could have power over me" and him "oh I shouldn't of had sex with her.. she wasn't ready..I am not acting honourably.. I only want what she will give me freely".. I just wanted to scream at the book.

But even after all of that I still may try her again.. even though the next book sounds like a similar plot with probably just as much sex. We shall see :)

Original Review posted at: http://paragraphsandpetticoats.blogspot.com ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
Read my overall review of the whole series here! Spoiler Free!

I nearly stopped reading this book because it was everything I hate in a romance. For one, it is an instant love-at-first-sight romance and that irks me to no end. I love fiction because it isn't real life but I don't like love at first sight--to me it's just lust and physical attraction and I like my romances to be slightly realistic.

It also didn't help that I didn't care for Chase or Chloe so it was a battle to read. The only reason I finished was because it was extremely short so it wasn't a huge waste of my time.

Within the last few chapters of this book, I decided I wasn't going to continue with the series. However, the book ends in a pretty steep cliff-hanger about a character I actually did like so I decided to pick up [b:From This Moment On|10352159|From This Moment On|Shania Twain|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1347402751s/10352159.jpg|15255059] because I really wanted to see where it went. Damn.

In the end I'm glad I did because the series got progressively better the more attached I got to the Sullivan clan.

Overall: If you want a super quick romantic read that is heavy on the romance and not much on anything else, pick this book up.

seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |

Andre, Bellaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kaminsky, AvaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Weiting, Christine L.Übersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Chase Sullivan was seven years old when he picked up his father's Polaroid camera for the first time and started taking pictures.

Meet the Sullivans in this fun new contemporary romance series!

When Chase Sullivan finds Chloe and her totaled car in Napa Valley, she's so lovely, inside and out, he wants to love - and protect - her. Only, she has vowed never to trust a man again, despite his loving looks and sinfully sweet caresses. But is he the only exception?

"An emotionally compelling, thoroughly sexy, lovely read. I can't wait for more brothers!" Carly Phillips, NY Times Bestselling Author

Having been physically abused in a past relationship, Chloe Peterson has sworn off men, but then renowned photographer Chase Sullivan helps her get her car out of a ditch--and that chip off her shoulder.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Bella Andre's book The Look of Love was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Bella Andre is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,653,923 books! | Top bar: Always visible