The Queen of the Damned (The Vampire…

The Queen of the Damned (The Vampire Chronicles, No. 3) (original 1988; edition 1989)

by Anne Rice

Member:Amy.Fleming
Title:The Queen of the Damned (The Vampire Chronicles, No. 3)
Authors:Anne Rice
Info:Ballantine Books (1989), Mass Market Paperback, 512 pages

The Queen of the Damned (Vampire Chronicles) by Anne Rice (1988)

English (76)  Italian (1)  All languages (77)
Anne Rice is the author to go to when you want to read a really good vampire novel. Not the type of vampire novels where vampires sparkle and are just too over the top (eye roll). This is vampires done well, with all the rich details and history to go along with them. I love this series and need to pick it back up again - I got stuck on the 6th one and need to push through it! ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 2, 2018 |
See Interview with a Vampire. ( )
  Kim_Sasso | Mar 14, 2018 |
When I finished reading this book I actually threw it across the room because of the cliff hanger ending. It had involved me that much that I could not bear to not know what was going to happen next. Admittedly I was 19 and the world owed me the right of explanation all 19 year old's demand. I'll sum it up 21 years later by saying it was a very absorbing novel well worth the read. ( )
  KatiaMDavis | Dec 19, 2017 |
OK, I have no idea why in hell Anne Rice allowed Hollywood to make that movie that's "supposedly" an adaptation of this book! They are so utterly & completely different it makes me hate the film. There was SO much of the plot and so many characters that were in the book but left out of the film it makes me confused as to how anyone can see them as the same let alone similar. I'm partial to the film Interview with the Vampire, however Queen of the Damned is nothing but a poppy vampire fad film now after reading the real story of the book. While I'm excited to continue the book series, I also believe that if there's a film series that needs a reboot, it's THIS series. And DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME DAMMIT!!! ( )
1 vote TheReadingMermaid | Nov 12, 2017 |
Great book ( )
  wvanruth | Oct 20, 2017 |

Anne Riceprimary authorall editionscalculated
Muller, FrankNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is contained in

The Vampire Chronicles (Books 1-10) by Anne Rice

5 Titles in Vampire Chronicles By Anne Rice - Vampire Lestat - Tale of the Body Thief - Queen of the Damned - Merrick - by Anne Rice

9 Book Collection of Anne Rice: The Queen of the Damned, The Tale of the Body Thief, Interview With The Vampire, Memnoch by Anne Rice

Interview with the Vampire / The Vampire Lestat / The Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice

The Vampire Chronicles (Books 1-5) by Anne Rice

Collector's Set (5-Paperback Books): Taltos, The Tale Of The Body Thief, Queen Of The Damned, The Vampire Lestat, Interview With The Vampire by Anne Rice

Has the adaptation

Has as a reference guide/companion

TRAGIC RABBIT

Tragic rabbit, a painting.
The caked ears green like rolled corn.
The black forehead pointing at the stars.
A painting on my wall, alone

as rabbits are
and aren't. Fat red cheek,
all Art, trembling nose,
a habit hard to break as not.

You too can be a tragic rabbit; green and red
your back, blue your manly little chest.
But if you're ever goaded into being one
beware the True Flesh, it

will knock you off your tragic horse
and break your tragic colors like a ghost
breaks marble; your wounds will heal
so quickly water

will be jealous.
Rabbits on white paper painted
outgrow all charms against their breeding wild;
and their rolled corn ears become horns.

So watch out if the tragic life feels fine-
caught in the rabbit trap
all colors look like sunlight's swords,
and scissors like The Living Lord.

STAN RICE

my beloved editors:
John Dodds
and
William Whitehead
I'm the Vampire Lestat. Remember me?

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0345419626, Paperback)

Did you ever wonder where all those mischievous vampires roaming the globe in Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles came from? In this, the third book in the series, we find out. That raucous rock-star vampire Lestat interrupts the 6,000-year slumber of the mama of all bloodsuckers, Akasha, Queen of the Damned.

Akasha was once the queen of the Nile (she has a bit in common with the Egyptian goddess Isis), and it's unwise to rile her now that she's had 60 centuries of practice being undead. She is so peeved about male violence that she might just have to kill most of them. And she has her eye on handsome Lestat with other ideas as well.

If you felt that the previous books in the series weren't gory and erotic enough, this one should quench your thirst (though it may cause you to omit organ meats from your diet). It also boasts God's plenty of absorbing lore that enriches the tale that went before, including the back-story of the boy in Interview with the Vampire and the ancient fellowship of the Talamasca, which snoops on paranormal phenomena. Mostly, the book spins the complex yarn of Akasha's eerie, brooding brood and her nemeses, the terrifying sisters Maharet and Mekare. In one sense, Queen of the Damned is the ultimate multigenerational saga. --Tim Appelo

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:58 -0400)

Intertwines the stories of rock star and vampire Lestat, beautiful twins haunted by a gruesome tragedy, and Akasha, mother of all vampires, who dreams of godhood.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,831,866 books! | Top bar: Always visible