Green River Killer: A True Detective Story (2011)

by Jeff Jensen, Jonathan Case

2191789,959 (3.81)22
Presents the ultimate insider's account of America's most prolific serial killer--the Green River Killer, the man responsible for the murders of dozens of women.

This hit all of my crime show watching fan buttons. It's an interesting story, made more fascinating by its basis in truth. ( )
  bookbrig | Aug 5, 2020 |
I checked this book out from the library, as I love a murder mystery, but the graphic novel idea made me curious. Excellent portrayal of the mystery behind the Green River killer and the detective in charge of the case. ( )
  lflareads | Jun 27, 2020 |
This was a wonderful little book. I can understand Jensen's frustration. This was a very sick man that did something horrible. I could feel is emotion through the whole thing. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Dec 19, 2019 |
4.5 stars, but I'm fine with rounding up.

I've been a fan of Jeff Jensen since I started reading his Entertainment Weekly reviews regularly about a decade ago. When I picked this up, I didn't realize he was the author until I started reading. His father was one of the law enforcement officer who brought in the infamous Green River Killer.

It's a dark subject that is (thankfully) handled with little exploitation. This reads like a love letter to Jensen's father, a decent man butting heads with evil in society. It's a surprisingly moving story. The only think I disliked was that some of Jensen's dialogue feels overly expository, but it only happens in a few places.

wordsampersand | Dec 6, 2018 |
Not gonna lie, I teared up a bit at the end. ( )
  Jon_Hansen | Aug 23, 2018 |

Jeff Jensenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Case, Jonathanmain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,403,682 books! | Top bar: Always visible