Once Burned (Night Prince, Book 1) by…

Once Burned (Night Prince, Book 1) (edition 2012)

by Jeaniene Frost

Member:shadiphoenix
Title:Once Burned (Night Prince, Book 1)
Authors:Jeaniene Frost
Info:Avon (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Your library, Urban Fantasy, Vampires, Vampires, Vampires

Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost

Recently added byMaisieD, hjwesten, Joce25, TexasBookLover7, seanbata, private library, mullgirl, LaMala, rocalisa

This wasn't my favorite in this expanded series for a lot of reasons, but I still loved the writing and the action. And her quirk is kind of interesting.

What I liked: Vlad is just awesome. He's BadAss. He's attractively powerful. He's fun to read about. Leila is a good character, kind of. She's a total mary sue with her lightning hands and all, but she's still imminently likable. So adventure time is good stuff. And the reliving someone's worst "sin" is interesting too.

BUT... what I didn't like. Their relationship dynamic. I get that he's Vlad the Impaler, I get that it's not going to be all kittens and roses. But I really dislike their imbalanced power dynamic. When you look at Cat and Bones or Spade and Denise etc. there's balance. There's not simply my way or the highway lady. I don't like that type of dynamic. I don't see it as romantic and everytime it reared it's head it distracted me from the story.

If you like this series, it's certainly a must read. But bear in mind that Cat and Bones really only make a token appearance. ( )
  mullgirl | Jun 8, 2015 |
Vlad nunca me llamó la atención en la serie de Night Huntress. Es difícil encontrar sensual y entretenido a Vlad Tepes... ridículo , mejor dicho) y , además , con Bones cerca los hombres que andan rondando en la novela se esfuman en la niebla del olvido .

Nunca pude empezarlo pero ahora que estoy de vacaciones , voy a hacer el esfuerzo .
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
I want/need more! ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |
I loved this book! I can't wait to see what's in store for Vlad and Leila in the next book! ( )
  PrescottKris | Jan 26, 2015 |
I haven't read all of the Cat and Bones books but I have read a few, enought to understand what was happening. I will say: Ms. Frost has no qualms about torturing her characters. Broken bones, impalement, lots of injuries and action in this book.

I love Leila and Vlad together, I hated how it ended. It was a happy for now but there are still issues to be resolved for the next book. I want more, now. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |

Jeaniene Frostprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gilbert, TaviaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

She's a mortal cursed with dark power....

After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: a terrifying ability to channel electricity and to see a person's darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude ... until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world's most infamous vampire.

He's the Prince of Night....

Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all - but whatever you do, don't call him Dracula. Vlad's ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him: a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, passion ignites, threatening to consume them. It will take everything they have to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames.

"She's a mortal cursed with dark power... After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: a terrifying ability to channel electricity and to see a person's darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude...until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world's most infamous vampire... He's the Prince of Night... Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all-but whatever you do, don't call him Dracula. Vlad's ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him-a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, however, passion ignites, threatening to consume them. It will take everything they have to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames"--P. 4 of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,978,933 books! | Top bar: Always visible