Once Burned (Night Prince, Book 1) by…

Once Burned (Night Prince, Book 1) (edition 2012)

by Jeaniene Frost

Member:shadiphoenix
Title:Once Burned (Night Prince, Book 1)
Authors:Jeaniene Frost
Info:Avon (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Your library, Urban Fantasy, Vampires, Vampires, Vampires

Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost

Once Burned
5 Stars

A tragic childhood accident leaves Leila Dalton with permanent scars and some unwanted psychic abilities that make her attractive to all the wrong people, including a vengeful vampire intent on using her skills to destroy his immortal enemy. The legendary Vlad Tepesh has accumulated numerous foes over the centuries, but now one has access to a powerful weapon that may just bring him to his knees in more ways than one…

While Frost’s Night Huntress series is very entertaining, I’ve never been as rabid a fan as many mainly due to the fact that Cat and Bones’s relationship has never completely resonated with me, and Bones’s ridiculous Cockney accent has always prevented me from taking him seriously as a romantic hero.

The same cannot be said of Leila and Vlad whose story elevates the series from merely enjoyable to simply incredible. The short cameos by characters from the primary series are fun, but it is Leila and Vlad, and their amazing connection that are the true highlight of the story.

Vlad more than lives up to his infamous reputation, but Frost adds some original twists to his backstory that make him all the more enigmatic and intriguing. Leila is a lovely heroine. Although not as aggressive as Cat, she is exceedingly resourceful and kick-ass in her own quiet way. She is the perfect match for Vlad and goes head to head with him, which leads to some seriously sexy scenes. There is not doubt that the man is literally and figuratively smokin’ hot, and he and Leila burn up the pages in every way imaginable.

The plot is solid with the type of malicious villain that Frost is famous for and the action is fast paced and exciting. I know that some reviewers were slightly disappointed with the ending, however, given that this is UF and not PNR, I just know that there is more to come and I can’t wait to see what Leila has in store for Vlad - he had better watch out! ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
When I read Half Way to the Grave I couldn't wait to read the next one.
I can't say I liked this book very much.
A character as great as Vlad Tepesh deserved more than this. Sure, he is awesome, great, dangerous and everything you can think of, but it is not enough in this case. Everything seems too mild. His enemies are not tough enough.
Horrible ending. Rushed. Hopefully, the second book would be better. Not that I am eager to read it. ( )
  Aneris | Oct 31, 2016 |
When I read Half Way to the Grave I couldn't wait to read the next one.
I can't say I liked this book very much.
  Aneris | Oct 31, 2016 |
I really loved reading about Vlad's back story. I fell in love with him in the Cat and Bones novels, so I was glad to see him get his own series. I am looking forward to the next installment. :)

Thank you, Jeaniene Frost for your book!!! xoxox ( )
  MzKitty | Sep 18, 2016 |
I love love love Vlad, and I am so excited that he has his own series. I actually really like Leila too. I will definitely continue the series to see how this goes. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |

Jeaniene Frostprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gilbert, TaviaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

She's a mortal cursed with dark power....

After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: a terrifying ability to channel electricity and to see a person's darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude ... until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world's most infamous vampire.

He's the Prince of Night....

Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all - but whatever you do, don't call him Dracula. Vlad's ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him: a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, passion ignites, threatening to consume them. It will take everything they have to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames.

"She's a mortal cursed with dark power... After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: a terrifying ability to channel electricity and to see a person's darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude...until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world's most infamous vampire... He's the Prince of Night... Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all-but whatever you do, don't call him Dracula. Vlad's ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him-a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, however, passion ignites, threatening to consume them. It will take everything they have to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames"--P. 4 of cover.… (more)

39 wanted4 pay2 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,634,036 books! | Top bar: Always visible