Once Burned (Night Prince, Book 1) by…

Once Burned (Night Prince, Book 1) (edition 2012)

by Jeaniene Frost

Member:shadiphoenix
Title:Once Burned (Night Prince, Book 1)
Authors:Jeaniene Frost
Info:Avon (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Your library, Urban Fantasy, Vampires, Vampires, Vampires

Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost

Recently added byAneris, private library, redheadedfemme, nwaldron, veredi, o0oboogieo0o, HeatherQ

When I read Half Way to the Grave I couldn't wait to read the next one.
I can't say I liked this book very much.
A character as great as Vlad Tepesh deserved more than this. Sure, he is awesome, great, dangerous and everything you can think of, but it is not enough in this case. Everything seems too mild. His enemies are not tough enough.
Horrible ending. Rushed. Hopefully, the second book would be better. Not that I am eager to read it. ( )
  Aneris | Apr 22, 2017 |
Loved it! Super fun. ( )
  zyphax | Dec 27, 2016 |
I do love a good paranormal romance and having read one of Jeaniene Frost’s books before I put this on my wish list a while ago hoping that it would be as good as the other book. I went into the book with an open mind as it is the first of a series. I was hooked from Chapter one and I had only ‘met’ Leila at that point, because of an accident she had as a teenager she can’t touch people. One touch and they are practically fried, unless she has drained herself beforehand, which means Leila has been very lonely on the romance front. She has a great friend called Marty, he is like a father to her and he can tolerate her electric shocks as he is a vampire. Leila also has another ability, which is quite horrifying for her, if she touches someone she can find out their darkest sin like she is living it.

She is kidnapped because of this ability by a bunch of vampires, they want her to use her abilities to track down Vladimir Tepesh which she does eventually but she knows she will be killed once they have what they want and then the real story begins.

Wow just wow, Leila is such a strong woman which given what she has been through is no surprise but Vlad is just something else, he is hot! He is someone you know is totally bad for you but you cannot help but want more.

The book was written from Leila’s point of view and as it is an adult read there is sexual content as well as some gore?! But it was all in place and not just thrown in to the book as filler.

I think Jeaniene done a fabulous job of describing every scene, especially when Leila was looking to the past, present and future but the way Vlad’s home, how big, the decor everything. Even travelling towards Vlad’s home was very well described.

This book kept me hooked, I felt like I was inside it and there were many times I would gasp or fear for what might happen next. And yes there was even the famous neck biting!

Who doesn’t love a good vampire read?

I want to say that after reading this book I did a search about the real Vlad and found out that a lot of what was written in the book is factually correct with some little twists as well.

I cannot wait to read the second book in the series. ( )
  StressedRach | Dec 19, 2016 |
Once Burned
5 Stars

A tragic childhood accident leaves Leila Dalton with permanent scars and some unwanted psychic abilities that make her attractive to all the wrong people, including a vengeful vampire intent on using her skills to destroy his immortal enemy. The legendary Vlad Tepesh has accumulated numerous foes over the centuries, but now one has access to a powerful weapon that may just bring him to his knees in more ways than one…

While Frost’s Night Huntress series is very entertaining, I’ve never been as rabid a fan as many mainly due to the fact that Cat and Bones’s relationship has never completely resonated with me, and Bones’s ridiculous Cockney accent has always prevented me from taking him seriously as a romantic hero.

The same cannot be said of Leila and Vlad whose story elevates the series from merely enjoyable to simply incredible. The short cameos by characters from the primary series are fun, but it is Leila and Vlad, and their amazing connection that are the true highlight of the story.

Vlad more than lives up to his infamous reputation, but Frost adds some original twists to his backstory that make him all the more enigmatic and intriguing. Leila is a lovely heroine. Although not as aggressive as Cat, she is exceedingly resourceful and kick-ass in her own quiet way. She is the perfect match for Vlad and goes head to head with him, which leads to some seriously sexy scenes. There is not doubt that the man is literally and figuratively smokin’ hot, and he and Leila burn up the pages in every way imaginable.

The plot is solid with the type of malicious villain that Frost is famous for and the action is fast paced and exciting. I know that some reviewers were slightly disappointed with the ending, however, given that this is UF and not PNR, I just know that there is more to come and I can’t wait to see what Leila has in store for Vlad - he had better watch out! ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
I really loved reading about Vlad's back story. I fell in love with him in the Cat and Bones novels, so I was glad to see him get his own series. I am looking forward to the next installment. :)

Thank you, Jeaniene Frost for your book!!! xoxox ( )
  MzKitty | Sep 18, 2016 |

Jeaniene Frostprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gilbert, TaviaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

She's a mortal cursed with dark power....

After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: a terrifying ability to channel electricity and to see a person's darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude ... until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world's most infamous vampire.

He's the Prince of Night....

Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all - but whatever you do, don't call him Dracula. Vlad's ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him: a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, passion ignites, threatening to consume them. It will take everything they have to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames.

"She's a mortal cursed with dark power... After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: a terrifying ability to channel electricity and to see a person's darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude...until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world's most infamous vampire... He's the Prince of Night... Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all-but whatever you do, don't call him Dracula. Vlad's ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him-a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, however, passion ignites, threatening to consume them. It will take everything they have to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames"--P. 4 of cover.… (more)

39 wanted4 pay2 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,856,665 books! | Top bar: Always visible