Once Burned (Night Prince, Book 1) by…

Once Burned (Night Prince, Book 1) (edition 2012)

by Jeaniene Frost

Member:shadiphoenix
Title:Once Burned (Night Prince, Book 1)
Authors:Jeaniene Frost
Info:Avon (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Your library, Urban Fantasy, Vampires, Vampires, Vampires

Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost

I haven't read all of the Cat and Bones books but I have read a few, enought to understand what was happening. I will say: Ms. Frost has no qualms about torturing her characters. Broken bones, impalement, lots of injuries and action in this book.

I love Leila and Vlad together, I hated how it ended. It was a happy for now but there are still issues to be resolved for the next book. I want more, now. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
When I read Half Way to the Grave I couldn't wait to read the next one.
I can't say I liked this book very much.
A character as great as Vlad Tepesh deserved more than this. Sure, he is awesome, great, dangerous and everything you can think of, but it is not enough in this case. Everything seems too mild. His enemies are not tough enough.
Horrible ending. Rushed. Hopefully, the second book would be better. Not that I am eager to read it. ( )
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |
Second read, first read as part of [b:Hearts Afire April|6482286|Hearts Afire April|Emery Sanborne|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1242834825s/6482286.jpg|6673567] in 2009. I gave it 5 stars after the first read but am dropping it to 3 stars now. I am now disillusioned with the abrupt ending. I guess I just really need the fun HEA now-a-days. *shrugs* ( )
  gigi9988776 | Aug 25, 2014 |
I'm done. Too stupid. Too generic. Too unlike the Vlad I'd come to know and lust. Too boring. Too plotless. Too immature. Too contrived. Too typical.

Too bad, so sad. Laters, baby.

My status updates, in accommodation of my laziness:

- 9.0%
"Unimpressed thus far. I'll give it until 25%, before I pull the plug. I'm tired of wasting precious hours on subpar books."

- 15.0%
"It's gotten better, so yaay. Also, the narrator's Draculaic Vlad voice makes me happy. It corresponds with my mental image of Vlad, which is nothing like the cover image."

- 36.0%
"Um, HUH?

Wtf is going on here? Where's the plot? -_-

My patience is wearing thin lately with the multitude of stupid books. If I'm not happy with this by 50% - DNF MOFO. That is more than fair."

- 43.0%
"WOW. This is bad. It reads like a ton of other generic PNR's. He's already "owns" her. Cue eyeroll. Don't think I'm gonna make it to 50%.."

For more of my reviews, visit my blog:

JennyJen | Aug 14, 2014 |
It was better than I expected. I enjoyed Leila and Vlad as main characters. The plot is quite predictable but it was a quick read. ( )
  Sarielle | Aug 10, 2014 |

Jeaniene Frostprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gilbert, TaviaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

She's a mortal cursed with dark power....

After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: a terrifying ability to channel electricity and to see a person's darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude ... until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world's most infamous vampire.

He's the Prince of Night....

Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all - but whatever you do, don't call him Dracula. Vlad's ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him: a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, passion ignites, threatening to consume them. It will take everything they have to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames.

"She's a mortal cursed with dark power... After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: a terrifying ability to channel electricity and to see a person's darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude...until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world's most infamous vampire... He's the Prince of Night... Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all-but whatever you do, don't call him Dracula. Vlad's ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him-a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, however, passion ignites, threatening to consume them. It will take everything they have to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames"--P. 4 of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,397,483 books! | Top bar: Always visible