Lie for Me by Karen Young

Lie for Me

by Karen Young

203756,413 (3.75)None

Reviewed by: Lisa

Lauren Holloway and Tucker Kane are building their life together when tragedy strikes. Tucker stumbles upon his ex-wife’s body at a job site and he becomes the prime suspect in her murder. Lauren continues to support Tucker even though the evidence points to Tucker as being guilty.

Long held secrets and lies from the past, rise to the surface to haunt Tucker. Can Lauren trust the man she thought she knew so well? As Tucker fights to clear his name, Lauren’s life quickly begins to unravel one piece at a time.

Lie for Me is one part romance and one part suspense with Christian undertones mixed throughout. This is a fast paced story that will keep the reader on their toes for most of the book. I enjoyed the tension that built between Lauren and Tucker as well as the supporting characters in the book. Lie for Me kept me intrigued due to the masterfully crafted twists and turns. The importance of honesty, compassion and faith are delicately
woven into elements of suspense and mystery.

Lie for Me is a perfect blend of everything I enjoy in a great book. I am looking forward to reading more from Karen Young.

http://www.romancing-the-book.com/2011/10/review-lie-for-me-by-karen-young.html ( )
  RtB | Oct 2, 2011 |
Lie for Me fell a bit flat for me. The writing style didn't draw me in to keep me reading. I couldn't feel the romance between Lauren and Tucker at all.

The mystery storyline was pretty good. I suspected, but didn't totally figure out who the "bad guy" was before the end. There were some interesting twists and turns that kept me guessing. Although, I did feel the book was longer than it needed to be. I found myself hoping at times that it would hurry and end.

Since there are some redeeming qualities in the storyline and I see that a lot of other reviewers enjoyed this book far more than I, I'm giving it a tad higher rating than I originally decided upon and leaving the decision up to you readers. Give it a try and let me know how you liked it.

*Disclaimer: I received this book for free from the publisher, I was not required to write a positive review. ( )
  NCRainstorm | Aug 24, 2011 |
LIE FOR ME by Karen Young is an exciting romantic thriller set in present day.It is a powerful story with complex emotions,passion,mystery,and suspense. It will take your breathe away at times. The characters are not only believable,engaging but also challenging and will capture your heart. This is the story of Lauren Holloway,a elementary school teacher and her fiance,Tucker Kane,an accused murderer/suspect of his ex-wife. When Tucker finds he needs an alibi for the next of his ex's murder,Lauren refuses to give him the alibi,so Tucker must disappears without a trace leaving his small daughter with his in laws. Tucker and Lauren together must find a murder,and evidence to clear his name. This story is has suspense,murder,
romance,family,passion,complex emotions,policitians,secrets,deception and danger. This story of a young woman who makes the decision to help her ex-fiance,his daughter and find a killer. It will reveal secrets that has caused a murder and could ruin others lives. This is a great read that will keep you turning pages and guessing who the killer really is and why. This book was received for the purpose of review from the publisher.Details can be found at Howard Books,a division of Simon & Schuster and My Book Addiction Reviews/My Book Addiction and More. ( )
  tarenn | Aug 1, 2011 |

When Lauren Holloway refuses to lie for him, Tucker Kane disappears without a trace, until they see each other at a flea market and work together to find the evidence needed to clear his name.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,863,118 books! | Top bar: Always visible