A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, Book 10) by…

A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, Book 10) (edition 2012)

by Kim Harrison

Member:earthwindwalker
Title:A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, Book 10)
Authors:Kim Harrison
Info:Harper Voyager (2012), Edition: 1st Printing, Hardcover, 448 pages
Collections:Books I've Read
Rating:*****

A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison

I love the Hollow series, so as always, this was a great book. Harrison weaves an interesting world with fascinating characters. There's a few new ones in here - I really dug Winona, she seemed genuine and appealing. Wayde was fun, especially the coffee shop scene and the awkward chemistry play. Trent lovers will be happy because we get him almost constantly. I am a bit bugged by the way the series regulars were handled, though - we get two very minor Al scenes (sniff, sniff). When they happened they were awesome. Also Ivy and Jenks seem....just, different, I don't know. It seems like they are more in the background. Was surprised on the Glenn twist and would have liked the book to be a few pages longer to wrap this shock up better.

Plot wise it was nice to see her regret the stupid bracelet, I just wish it was gone sooner. The scene where she and Trent confronted Al rocked. The scene where Trent "rescues" her with that funny line and falling from the trees to misdirect magic will always be remembered to me as hilarious. I enjoyed seeing in to Rachels mind during the jail scenes, great stuff.

The issues really are that, despite her wanting her bracelet off so bad and her thinking of all the mighty magic she could have used if she wasn't magically neutered, when the bracelet fell off she resorted to not using magic besides a few circles, but instead wanting her old splat fun, kicks, and punches. I mean, what the hell? Where was this magical revenge? Why was suddenly Trent the powerful one who kept having to rescue her? She was hurt left and right and never able to best anyone. It was a far cry from the demoness of Pale Demon fluxing her powers in fights! And of course, I wanted much more Al!

ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
I can not wait until Ever After comes out. I feel like every time I read one of her books I end it on a high note and spend the rest of the year waiting for her next book to be published.

If you haven't fallen in love with Rachel Morgan yet, you have to pick up one of these books! Every single character in this book is a hoot. Harrison makes you want to be a part of this world. Each and every time. ( )
  keyboardscoffee | May 30, 2016 |
Rachel is bound by silver not to touch ley lines or do demon curses, denying herself everything. There's a group out there, HAPA, trying to turn Rosewood witches into demons, so they can destroy them. IS and FIB think that Rachel might be involved until they pull her in to help them solve who is doing the work. Rachel and Trent get closer and come to a sort of understanding. In the end Rachel accepts her demon-ness and Al. Getting closer to the end of the series and wondering how its going to end. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Ok, Rachel needs to stop whining about people "moving on without her" and/or "leaving her behind." What is she even talking about?!

Good story, but clearly felt like a bridge book between major storylines.

I missed Al.

Also: I usually complain about authors rehashing too much of their previous books in the series. However, in this case there wasnt enough regash! I spent half the book thinking, "did I miss a book? Did she publish a short story in some crappy anthology that I missed?" But, I don't think I did. It's just that her books are so jammed packed that I forgot a lot, apparently, about what happened last time.

I still love Rachel Morgan. But I'm hoping for a bit more meat and a bit less whining next go round. ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
Book # 10 in the series and the plot and characters are still fresh and exciting. Kim Harrison brings us another edge of the seat thriller. I was enthralled by every page unable to stop thinking about it.
Rachel our little Demon Witch has found herself in a new pickle. She is being hunted. A radical group of haters out to rid the world of non-humans, is torturing and mutilating special types. Junks,Ivy,Trent and several others try to keep her out of danger. They try really hard, unfortunately, That is not an easy task.
Trent really steps forward in this story. He is busy raising his two daughters and building a safe home for them while running his company. He is there for Rachel, leaving her doubts floundering. They develop a new understanding, talking things through. Perhaps there is a future without hate between them ?
This was a transitional book, relationships are changed. Environments are altered and a level of understanding is finally found. The next book looks like a new horizon for Rachel and her friends. I am looking forward to reading their new paths. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |

Kim Harrisonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rostant, LarryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the guy who likes remodeling even more than I do
The Woman across from me barely sniffed when I slammed the pen down on the counter.
Plan A it was. Go in brash and come out bashed.

Ritually murdered corpses are appearing across Cincinnati, terrifying amalgams of human and other. Pulled in to help investigate by the I.S. and the FIB, former witch turned day-walking demon Rachel Morgan soon realizes a horrifying truth: a human hate group is trying to create its own demons to destroy all Inderlanders, and to do so, it needs her blood.

She's faced vampires, witches, werewolves, demons, and more, but humanity itself might be her toughest challenge yet.

When she discovers that a would-be creator is determined to make his (or her) own demons and needs her blood, former witch-turned-day-walking-demon Rachel Morgan, a bounty hunter, faces her toughest adversary yet --humanity.

152 wanted4 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,485,185 books! | Top bar: Always visible