A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison

A Perfect Blood (edition 2012)

by Kim Harrison

Member:eliselb
Title:A Perfect Blood
Authors:Kim Harrison
Info:Harper Voyager (2012), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 560 pages
Rating:****1/2

A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison

Recently added bymissa921, Debra_Burge, private library, Lori.Slade, atcolorado, flame010, dragonfly_child, DBReads

The latest book has Rachel dealing with living as a demon but not using any of her demon powers. A fringe group of humans are killing witches in a ritual to try and make them into demons are trying to get Rachel as she is helping both the FIB and IS track them down in a joint forces task force. A good story and as usual there is character growth and changes in Rachels world that makes this a good read and not just a new power to deal with the latest bad guys.
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
I just recently finished an entire re-read of the series in order to have it all fresh in my mind. I have to say - I love the series overall, but I do not really love Rachel right now. I don't hate her mind you - but a reader rather expects a certain amount of character progression and growth over the course of a long series like this one.

I, however, did not feel like she exhibited any during at least a little more than the entire first half of this book (plus a number of previous books) to reflect any of her experiences through the course of the series. People have flaws, that's to be expected - but jeez sometimes I wonder how she has managed to even live this long - sheer dumb luck and having others pull her fat out of the fire?? I was constantly getting aggravated with her while reading this and wanted to ass punch her.

I'm sure that there has been some actual growth for her as a character/person but I really wasn't feeling it here. That's what left a bad taste in my mouth. If I ever did a reread again I would probably leave this one out of the rotation.

The interactions, oh don't get me started, all of them seemed very 'topical' like a itch cream you put on to get past some poison ivy or something. Overall I felt it lacked depth to the things that took place or the way the characters dealt/interacted with one another like there was no real substance to anything.

Also, I hate repetitive writing, and do I REALLY need to hear about the darn butterfly chrysalis three times in the first half of the book? REALLY?? Really....Really...too blatant if that's supposed to be setup for something later on. Yeah I threw all the Reallys in there just to annoy you...feel my pain people.

There were of course some saving graces to this book otherwise I would have rated it much lower than a 3 - but for the life of me - I really just can't think of many of them right now. So call me a Negative Nancy. I still enjoyed seeing the characters I've come to love. There was some nice emphasis on Jenks and Ivy "moving on" with their lives - though I got tired of hearing about Rachel whine about it. I liked the idea of Jenks and Belle getting friendly - it worked for me. Other than that - nothing is coming to mind.

Ok, so I change my mind - after writing this - I have to give it a 2...or 2.5. And no I'm not PMSing...I just can't justify something higher in my opinion. Though I'm sure many will disagree. haha ( )
  Pabkins | Jun 24, 2014 |
I love the whole hollows series. Rachel, Ivy and Jenks pull it off time and time again. Magic, mystery and danger follow them where ever they go.

We get to see Rachel without her magic and it is just plain scary. Hiding from the world, Rachel goes through a personal journey of emotional growth. Chaos ensues. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |
A Perfect Blood is the 10th book in The Hollows series by Kim Harrison. I've been gobbling these books up like Thanksgiving dinner since I found the series! I probably should go slower because there are only two more books published in the series, but one is expected to be published next year. I also read somewhere that the series was only going to 13 or so books. (whimper)

Anyway, as always, there's lots of action and excitement. Once again, Rachel is being hunted for something. I know she's the main character in the series, but I'd like to see Ivy or Jenks being hunted as the main story! Still, it was a great storyline that kept me reading way past my bedtime.

Rachel's relationship with Trent is changing and both of them are confused. It's fun to watch them circle each other as they try to figure out what's happening. Since Rachel doesn't have a boyfriend in this book, there's not as much adult material, but she does have some naughty thoughts!

A Perfect Blood lives up to its predecessors in the series. It's smart, funny, exciting, and enjoyable to read! ( )
  NCRainstorm | Mar 24, 2014 |

Kim Harrisonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rostant, LarryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the guy who likes remodeling even more than I do
The Woman across from me barely sniffed when I slammed the pen down on the counter.
Plan A it was. Go in brash and come out bashed.

Ritually murdered corpses are appearing across Cincinnati, terrifying amalgams of human and other. Pulled in to help investigate by the I.S. and the FIB, former witch turned day-walking demon Rachel Morgan soon realizes a horrifying truth: a human hate group is trying to create its own demons to destroy all Inderlanders, and to do so, it needs her blood.

She's faced vampires, witches, werewolves, demons, and more, but humanity itself might be her toughest challenge yet.

When she discovers that a would-be creator is determined to make his (or her) own demons and needs her blood, former witch-turned-day-walking-demon Rachel Morgan, a bounty hunter, faces her toughest adversary yet --humanity.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,539,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible