Every You, Every Me by David Levithan

Every You, Every Me

by David Levithan

2142054,496 (3.6)5
    The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (kaledrina)
    Don't Breathe a Word: A Novel by Jennifer McMahon (kaledrina)
    kaledrina: Evan & Phoebe reminded me of each other in many ways. Not a perfect recommendation.
    Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (kaledrina)

Let me get straight to the point okay? It was no Every Day but this book is still good because LEVITHAN. I love his writing. I love that style of his that really gets to your mind, heart and even your nerves. Like sometimes it frustrates me how I've never thought of that before but then I still love it. Anyways, I like this book because it showed deep and true emotions from the characters. It was a fast read because 1) the book is quite short and 2) i really want to get to the end of the story and find out who the mystery person is. ( )
  PamZaragoza | Jun 27, 2014 |
First of all, I really like David Levithan’s writing. He has some very interesting ideas. IN this case, writing a novel around photographs. Photographs he never knew what of until he received them from a photographer who didn’t know what the book was about. It was interesting. At first I was sort of irritated because half the text is crossed out and trying to read it creates long run on sentences. But I quickly got used to it and soon it actually told much more about the story and the character. Levithan has such talent with words and expressions. I’m definitely glad I got to this one. Reading his books always give me something to think about it. There’s always something deeper to find in his books. ( )
  Kassilem | Mar 23, 2014 |
Twenty-five pages into this, and I am already putting it on hiatus. Maybe I will be in the right mood later.
  Crowinator | Sep 23, 2013 |
Emo, emo, emo. Full of young adult “emo-tism”, if that’s what they call it. I was disappointed because I liked David Levithan’s Everyday and this is just the total opposite for me. But I loved the photographs though. :D That’s what kept me interested. ;) ( )
  snapsandreads | Sep 8, 2013 |
Review from library copy

Very interesting concept. I liked that we didn't really know all of what was going on until the end. ( )
  kcarrigan | Aug 26, 2013 |
It was your birthday.

In this high school-set psychological tale, a tormented teen named Evan starts to discover a series of unnerving photographs—some of which feature him. Someone is stalking him . . . messing with him . . . threatening him. Worse, ever since his best friend Ariel has been gone, he's been unable to sleep, spending night after night torturing himself for his role in her absence. And as crazy as it sounds, Evan's starting to believe it's Ariel that's behind all of this, punishing him. But the more Evan starts to unravel the mystery, the more his paranoia and insomnia amplify, and the more he starts to unravel himself. Creatively told with black-and-white photos interspersed between the text so the reader can see the photos that are so unnerving to Evan, Every You, Every Me is a one-of-a-kind departure from a one-of-a-kind author.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:25 -0400)

Evan is haunted by the loss of his best friend, but when mysterious photographs start appearing, he begins to fall apart as he starts to wonder if she has returned, seeking vengeance.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,471,480 books! | Top bar: Always visible