Celebrity in Death by J. D. Robb

Celebrity in Death (edition 2012)

by J. D. Robb

Member:youthfulzombie
Title:Celebrity in Death
Authors:J. D. Robb
Info:Berkley (2012), Edition: Reissue, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Your library, ebook, Reads 2011-2012
Rating:***1/2

Celebrity in Death by J.D. Robb

Favorite “In Death” reporter Nadine Furst wrote “The Icove Agenda” based on one of Eve Dallas’ previous cases. The book is now being made into a film and Eve, Roarke, et al are at a cast party celebrating the upcoming wrap of the film. It is a little eerie socially with the actors who look and sound so much like the people in Eve’s life. It becomes even more frightening when the actress portraying Peabody in the film is found murdered. Getting to the bottom of the homicide, when all the suspects are trained actors is a little tricky, but Eve and her crack team get the job done yet again.

I like these books very much and it was nice to see this one back on Eve Dallas’ home turf of NYC. All the major players made an appearance in this one, which I also enjoyed as I found I missed them in the last book (New York to Dallas). Another thing I have to praise about this book is that it stepped out of the usual “cookie cutter” format of the books … Eve didn’t get slammed or beaten nor did she find herself in a life threatening scenario at the end of the book. Good job by Ms. Robb (aka Nora Roberts).

To any other fans of the In Death books: I enjoy revisiting these characters with every new installment to the series and I love Roarke … BUT … is it just me or does Roarke seem to get just a tad more controlling in each book? And does Eve seem to lose a little of her grit with every new story? I know they are trying to meld their separate worlds and meet in the middle, but I miss the fireworks.
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
This was really good. I love the "in death series". ( )
  kmtgoddess | Apr 25, 2015 |
I seem to be in the minority on my opinion of this book. I'm a huge fan of Nora Roberts and the In Death series. Huge. But I felt this installment was lacking. There was no action at all and little emotion. Maybe I'm just getting bored with the series, but I was disappointed. I judge a book by how easy it is to put it down and it took me 3 days to read it when normally I get through an In Death in less than a day. ( )
  trishaj | Oct 7, 2014 |
This book once again focuses back on the Icove book now there is a film being made on what happened with that case. There is a murder on set and the story is centered around this murder and no other side issues. This is once again a good read that leaves you wanting to read the next book to see what happens in the lives of not only Eve and Rourke but everyone else in the series.
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this installment. My favorite books are the ones were Eve and Roarke are at odds, and though that wasn't the case here I found the case interesting and the usual cast of characters engaging. There was quite a bit of humor laced throughout. The whodunit was pretty easy to figure out but I enjoy watching Eve puzzle her way through the evidence.

cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |

NYC Lt. Eve Dallas investigates the death of a young actress with the assistance of her husband Rourke and Detective Peabody.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,498,281 books! | Top bar: Always visible