Celebrity In Death by J. D. Robb

Celebrity In Death (edition 2012)

by J. D. Robb

Collections:Your library, Audiobook Library
Rating:****1/2
Tags:2013, Read, Audible

Celebrity in Death by J.D. Robb

This book once again focuses back on the Icove book now there is a film being made on what happened with that case. There is a murder on set and the story is centered around this murder and no other side issues. This is once again a good read that leaves you wanting to read the next book to see what happens in the lives of not only Eve and Rourke but everyone else in the series.
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this installment. My favorite books are the ones were Eve and Roarke are at odds, and though that wasn't the case here I found the case interesting and the usual cast of characters engaging. There was quite a bit of humor laced throughout. The whodunit was pretty easy to figure out but I enjoy watching Eve puzzle her way through the evidence.

cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
I enjoyed this one, being back in New York, but still dealing a bit with the fallout from Dallas. I did feel that the tension was missing in this one. I never felt any real emotion at all, towards the victim, towards the killer, not even any tension or stress between Eve and Roarke. I mean, it's nice they're good, but I missed that extra element. No one was even at any personal risk this time, everything just felt like it was tied up so easily. I guess I missed the blood and the danger this time around.

I'd give this one more of a 3-3.5, but bumped it to 4 because it's Eve and Roarke, it was a good story, and it still kept me engaged to the end. ( )
  Bitchie | Sep 21, 2013 |
Love Eve, Roarke and all the rest! There were a lot more quiet moments between Eve and Roarke, it was great. I love them together. ( )
  LaCello | Sep 21, 2013 |
I liked this one, interesting twists and turns to the who-dunnit and how they did it and the shock felt by several of the characters to the death of someone who looked like one of their own came across quite well.

The Icove murder is being filmed and the people involved are interested in getting Dallas involved in the publicity, it's hard enought o see yourself almost mirrored but to see your partner murdered is unnerving, particularly as the actress isn't really liked. As Eve chases the clues she finds more bodies and the clues say things are even more complicated than things look.

Most of this series is going back to people I enjoy reading about and having an entertaining time doing it. I like the characters and I like how they've developed over the series. I also like that they actually feel consequences for previous incidents. This is one of my favourite series to read and I hope it continues for a long while, as well as some day becoming a TV series ( )
  wyvernfriend | Aug 14, 2013 |

NYC Lt. Eve Dallas investigates the death of a young actress with the assistance of her husband Rourke and Detective Peabody.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,117,159 books! | Top bar: Always visible