Love Is In The Title by RJ Scott

Love Is In The Title

by RJ Scott

"I only saw you looking at me ,
'cause I was watching you
back."

Oh God. The feeling. It's
overflowing. I couldn't stop
myself from smiling like an
idiot from the very start till
the end of story. I had so
much fun with the characters.
They were adorable. And
cute. Especially every time
Luke feels awkward talking
to the boy of his fantacies,
Cameron. And I was like: for
God's sake, Luke! You can do
it! This sweet cute couple
surely made my day. And the
part where they were talking
alone in the park and had
their kisses. I was already
fainting.What really made me
liking this whole thing is that
music put them together. I
really listening to music aside
from reading books. Just like
what Luke said, he used
music to block out the shit
that sometimes got thrown his
way. He nailed it. Seriously, I
did really enjoy this a lot. ( )
  Perco | Oct 11, 2014 |
So many warm and fuzzy feelings. This is a short story, really; I read it in about ten minutes, but it's short and sweet. Highschool boys with ginormous crushes and dorky ideas about ringing up the local radio station to request appropriate songs for said crushes to hear... how could I resist? And it works through the problems of homophobia and so on, so it feels realistic as well as very sweet. I think I'll pick up the other books sometime when I need to smile! ( )
  shanaqui | Apr 9, 2013 |
A sweet, short story about boy meets boy and boy falls in love for boy. Sweet as sweeter you cannot, since it’s all about a night, and these boys have only the time to kiss and promise forever to each other… how cute they are when they are so young and innocent… but then maybe they are wiser than those adults who don’t dare to love so strongly.

Luke is gay and in love with Cameron. Only that Luke and Cameron move in different circle, Luke is a nerd, Cameron is a jock, Cameron is wealthy, Luke has to work to save money for college, Luke is gay and Cameron is straight… or maybe not?

Luke has spent the last few months pining over Cameron, and sending him anonymous dedica over the local Friday night radio show. This Friday is not different, only that this time, Cameron seems to listen in a different way to what the radio is playing.

Short but in a way complete, Luke and Cameron’s story is warm and feels good. I see a bright future in front of them.

elisa.rolle | Aug 17, 2012 |
Love Is in the Title is a short novella that is the first in RJ Scott's Love Is in the... series which follows teen crushes Luke and Cameron. It is a sweet romance that was written with a young adult audience in mind. It contains a small amount of strong language, but no other objectionable material unless a loving, kisses-only gay relationship is of concern.

The story is written from Luke's point-of-view and he is a very endearing character. He is a math geek who has been admiring football jock, Cameron, from afar. I thought it was really sweet that Luke kept anonymously requesting songs for Cameron on the radio and always seemed to know just the right thing to say through the music for whatever Cameron was feeling or going through. I liked that even though Luke had been bullied for both being a geek and being gay that he still held his head high, and it was great that Cameron had defended him. I also thought it was very brave of Cameron to come out to the football team. Most didn't take it well, but he got to be true to himself and find out who his real friends were. I loved how Luke and Cameron spent most of the story just whiling away the night talking and kissing. It was enchantingly romantic and reminded me of the days in my own youth when I was first falling in love. Love Is in the Title is the second story by RJ Scott that I have thoroughly enjoyed. It has earned a spot on my virtual keeper shelf and Ms. Scott a spot on my favorite authors list. I'm eagerly looking forward to spending more time with Luke and Cameron and further exploring RJ Scott's backlist. ( )
  mom2lnb | May 10, 2012 |
For all those who have made this possilbe.

For my family, always.
"HOLSTON!"

RJ Scott is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,243,019 books! | Top bar: Always visible