Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Cold Cereal by Adam Rex

Cold Cereal (2012)

by Adam Rex

Series: The Cold Cereal Saga (1)

It was a fun book but it wasn't as funny as the True Meaning of Smekday. I was also disappointed that it is going to be a series- everything about the book seemed to advertise it as a stand alone book and it wasn't until the last 50 pages that I realized things were not going to be wrapped up in one volume. I don't dislike series- I just like to know what I'm getting into before I start a book... like if I'm going to be left hanging in the middle on an adventure until the next book is published years later.

The local cereal factory advertises that there is a little magic in each box of cereal- it turns out it is real magic! ( )
  wrightja2000 | Sep 6, 2018 |
I wish we could use half stars when rating these books. The premise was certainly creative, and the humor was spot on, but the plot dragged considerably in the middle. Then, at the end, the story lines were wrapped up in a way that wasn't quite satisfactory. ( )
  EmilyRokicki | Feb 26, 2016 |
Adam Rex has the mind of a middle school reader. He can be so outrageously funny, or gross, or inappropriate. Very science fiction, horror driven with a crazy plot and some comic strip sequences. ( )
  joeydag | Jul 23, 2015 |
I loved Adam Rex's novel The True Meaning of Smekday, which was a bizarre but heartwarming story about alien invasion. Cold Cereal isn't quite as heartwarming, but it's a truly unique fantasy story with likeable characters, humor, and excitement. There were times when I had a little trouble following the action, but I enjoyed the ride so much that I didn't worry too much about the logistics of fairyland. I can't wait to read the sequel! ( )
  MadameWho | Dec 22, 2014 |
This one never quite clicked. Whatever it was, it was good to be done with it. Some fun now and then, but it is not leading to more reading in the "saga." Maybe for ages just past a single digit. ( )
  scott.r | Jan 15, 2014 |

Adam Rexprimary authorall editionscalculated
Rex, AdamCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tippie, JoelTypography; cover designsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

A boy who may be part changeling, twins involved in a bizarre secret experiment, and a clurichaun in a red tracksuit try to save the world from an evil cereal company whose ultimate goal is world domination.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,434,953 books! | Top bar: Always visible