The Attributes of God by Arthur W. Pink

by Arthur W. Pink

1,21039,540 (4.34)None

very good!
  CNWoolson | Jan 19, 2011 |
I had this book sitting on my bookshelf for around a year. I only read it once, and I didn’t understand it. But, I decided to read it again. I couldn’t believe I didn’t like it the first time! It hit me like a ton of bricks. This book was great! Allow me to list a few reasons why:

Pros:

1. Pink uses a bunch of Scripture. If you go to around the end of the book it has a index of Scriptures that were quoted within the book. The Scripture index is four pages long.

2. He quotes puritans (enough said).

3. He packs such a powerful punch within just a few pages. In this book Pink covers 17 attributes kind of quickly, however what he does say blows your mind away!

4. He’s very easy to understand.

Cons:

1. I would only give this book one con….. It isn’t long enough! It’s around 120 pages. I would have loved if Mr. Pink could have made this volume longer. I would have liked to read what he would have written.

Conclusion:

Don’t let the size of this book fool you. It’s only a little over 100 pages, but it packs a punch. Pink grasps your hand and takes you to theological thoughts you may have never thought of. He sort of reminds me of the interpreter in John Bunyan’s classic, as he tours Christian to several rooms to show him deep mysterious things. If you ponder upon the things you read in this book, it will really heighten your theology of our God. I especially love when he talks about the topic of unconditional election.

This would be a great book to give to any Christian. If they’re a false convert, I think it would be hard for them to read this. Since Pink expounds so much on the highness and holiness of God. You can tell one of his missions is to glorify God, and debase man.

I would recommend reading this as a devotional reading. Read a chapter everyday for 17 days. And really ponder about what is within this book. I’m very blessed to have read this. ( )
  ThinkBiblically | Aug 31, 2008 |
One of Pink's finest works. Highly readable and convicting. ( )
  lougheryweb | Aug 3, 2006 |

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:28 -0400)

The foundation of our knowledge of God rests upon knowing what he is like. Without understanding God's attributes, we have a skewed perception of him--often one cast in our own image. We need more than just a theoretical knowledge of God in order to worship him as he desires. This classic work of Arthur W. Pink invites readers to discover the truth about seventeen attributes of God, including his sovereignty, immutability, patience, love, faithfulness, and much more. Pink shows readers a God who is alive, all-powerful, and active in his creation. The perfect introductory text, The Attributes of God also has enough depth and meat to satisfy the more experienced reader.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,022,026 books! | Top bar: Always visible