Fool for Love (Fooling Around / Nobody's…

Fool for Love (Fooling Around / Nobody's Fool / Fools Rush In)

by Vicki Lewis Thompson (Contributor), Judith Arnold (Contributor), Stephanie Bond (Contributor)

Reviewed by Emmarae
Review copy provided by reviewer purchase
I laughed through the whole first story! Lena has to do a dare, and she and Andre have been circling each other for months, both interested but neither brave enough to approach. When Lena launches her fabulous date, they're both dazzled and up for anything. I think Andre is my favorite male character in ages, I know you'll get a kick out of him. They both want to impress each other so badly, and try to do it honestly, and it's just hilarious to watch the night unfold. I won't give anything away. Just read it. I've never read any other Vicki Lewis Thompson book, but this book moved her to the top of my list. The first story is why the anthology earned 5 stars for me, too.

I love everything Stephanie Bond writes. Imagine my surprise when I couldn't really get into her story, after such a great start with Fooling Around. I didn't like the prank Eric was planning, and I think it just made me not want to read it. After a quick break, though, I picked it up again. It's still funny, witty, and hot as Stephanie Bond usually is. The second half of the story I enjoyed a lot more.

Mark and Claire's story was pretty terrific, too, by another author I've never read. This one had a lot more potential than was written, but it still rounds out the anthology nicely. I just wish she'd done more with it. Mark was pretty serious for Boston Bachelor, and if he'd let loose a little the book could have had a lot more laughs. But I absolutely adored the ending, which made the story for me.

Favorite Quote: “Unless Kate wore something incredibly sexy, like a burlap sack.” ~Stephanie Bond ( )
  RtB | Apr 17, 2012 |

Thompson, Vicki LewisContributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Arnold, JudithContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Bond, StephanieContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
"Fooling Around" by Vicki Lewis Thompson,
"Nobody's Fool" by Stephanie Bond,
"Fools Rush In" by Judith Arnold.)

This April 1, anything is possible . . .
Dare to desire . . .

When Lena Walsh is handed a challenge to find the hottest guy she knows and take him out for an unusual date, she sets her sights on the office Adonis, Andre Dumont. But when silly turns to steamy, she doesn't know whether to laugh -- or cry out his name . . .

Fooling Around by Vicki Lewis Thompson

Dare to deceive . . .

Eric McDaniels hatches up a prank he's sure will thaw boss Kate Randall's icy-cool exterior -- inventing a secret admirer. That is, until Kate's frosty façade melts just enough to reveal way more heat than Eric can handle . . .

Nobody's Fool by Stephanie Bond

Dare to discover . . .

Thanks to a radio gag, Mark Lavin and Claire O'Connor find themselves "engaged" -- even though they don't know each other! But when Mark and Clare try to prove otherwise, they find that the chemistry between them is far from funny . . .

Fools Rush In by Judith Arnold

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373835663, Mass Market Paperback)

This April 1, anything is possible . . .

Dare to desire . . .

Fooling Around by Vicki Lewis Thompson

Dare to deceive . . .

Nobody's Fool by Stephanie Bond

Dare to discover . . .

Fools Rush In by Judith Arnold

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:02 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,077,696 books! | Top bar: Always visible