Just One of Those Flings (Signet Eclipse) by…

Just One of Those Flings (Signet Eclipse) (2006)

by Candice Hern

I actually liked this second book in the series more than the first. The two main charcters meet each other at a masquerade and have a "fling" without revealing their identities to each other. After each "searching" for the other, they find each other...but in a very awkward situation.

It's not your normal historical romance. One of the nice twists is that the female lead is actually older than her love interest. Now if the 3rd book (due out in Fall 2007, I think) can build on this one... ( )
  dukefn99 | Mar 31, 2007 |
I will admit, this book took me a while to get excited about. A few chapters. But I loved the first book in The Merry Widows Series, In The Thrill of the Night. So I had to continue. And I will say I am very glad I did. Candice Hern paints a wonderful picture of romance. An older woman, a widow finding herself against all odds and against her own better sensibilities falling in love with a man six years her Junior. OH MY! What woman wouldn't love that?! They embark on an affair that turns into me, and we follow them through several hard turns of their love. For them to come out on the other side. ( )

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451219201, Mass Market Paperback)

The Merry Widows are thought to be among the finest ladies of society.

Though secretly, their thoughts are quite unrefined.

With the comforts of wealth to replace the absence of their husbands, the Merry Widows need not trouble themselves with marriage again. So they each agree to seek out a lover.

Beatrice, Lady Somerfield, is too busy chaperoning her niece and overseeing her own daughters to take a lover herself. Until one night at a ball a masked stranger makes her realize the delights she's been missing. He's Gabriel, the Marquess of Thayne, the man half the debutantes of London want for a husband. Thayne is captivated by Beatrice, and their attraction leads to a few satisfying encounters.

As he searches for a bride among the Season's young ladies, he finds himself increasingly drawn to Beatrice, and wants her as his wife. But will Beatrice's deepening feelings for Thayne be enough to overcome her vow never to marry again, and the scandal once their relationship is revealed?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:26 -0400)

When she embarks on an affair with the Marquess of Thayne, the most sought after bachelor in London, Lady Somerfield, who is busy chaperoning her own young daughters and niece, must make a difficult decision--stay his mistress or become his wife despite her vow never to marry again.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,378,723 books! | Top bar: Always visible