The Vampire Who Loved Me by Teresa Medeiros

The Vampire Who Loved Me

by Teresa Medeiros

English (6)  Italian (1)  All (7)
The heroine was always treated like naïve girl by both her brother and the hero so her innocent crush on the scandalous gentleman. But she was also adamant that she was meant for him and that her love will save him from his evil nature. The hero, who’s always painted as a villain, was actually resisting his desire for the young girl, sister to his enemy because he knew for a fact that he didn’t deserve her. He went out of his way to do anything is his power to change her mind about loving him and finally he succeeds. But the resulting pain in his heart makes it clear that though it was the right thing to do, he feels regret for the loss of her. The heroine did often come across as a silly girl but she was stubborn and brave enough to keep true to what she felt in her heart and it absolutely destroys her when she finds out about the hero’s betrayal. The font is quite large and it took me about 5 hours to read the entire book but I loved the give and take and suppressed feelings lace throughout the book. The most romantic ‘death’ scene I think I’ve ever read. The heroine once told the hero that the most her feelings for him meant to her was that if she ever had a cat, she’d name it after him. So that was the running phrase throughout the book. So when the hero lay dying in her arms he asks, in a teasing manner, if she’ll name that cat after him. It breaks my heart to read about her sobbing and smiling at the same time. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
Summary:
Portia Cabot, once saved the life of Julian Kane, a vampire and one who has been searching for his soul, so that he can be mortal once more. Its been years since he has seen his family and Portia sister-in-law to his brother. So when he sees her coming for him in a gambling hell, all the emotion he once felt for her comes riding back like a ocean current and he knows he must protect her, especially against those that would just as soon kill her, a ex lover and a woman who has possession of his soul, a very ancient vampiress. Portia knows that despite the fact that they haven't heard from Julian in years, there is still much good in him, and her intent is to save him once more, with all the love she has always held for him.....

The Hero (Julian Kane)
Julian, turned into a vampire, has been searching and trying to kill the one who has it, and only when he destroys that vampire will he be able to have his soul back and be mortal once more. However he never thought that he would see Portia or that she would turn into such a independent minx with a fiery spirit that he remembers, the one woman whom saved his life almost at the cost of her own life. Julian starts to realize that Portia has always held his love and his heart for all time....

The Heroine (Portia Cabot)
Portia, as a young girl always believed in the magical creatures and creatures of the night, and couldn't help but fall in love with Julian whom she adored years ago. Now seeing him once more, Julian is much different that whom she remembers, and is willing to do anything she can to save him or destroy him if need be, if he truly has turned to the darker side of his nature as rumors claim. But Portia sees inside of Julian, something good and pure and is willing to risk everything to believe in him and save him...

My Thoughts
The Vampire Who Loved Me is the second in the Cabot series, and this is probably one of my favorite series by Teresa Medieros. This is a author that I have come to adore over the years of reading her books, and I fall in love with each and every one of her stories, and this is a re read and its been quite a while since I had read it, and I love historicals mixed with the paranormal (which can be hard to find at times) The Vampire Who Loved Me is a emotional and tender love story that will pull at your heartstrings with every page. Its such a story that even though filled with twists and turns, definitely a memorable story and a pure delight!!!

My Favorite Quote
"A lifetime won't be long enough to love you. I told you once before that whether I was a vampire or a man, I would love you for all eternity." He touched his lips to her brow. "My sweet...my darling...my angel...my bright eyes" ( )
  addictofromance | Nov 23, 2014 |
Overall, this turned out to be another vampire book I could have skipped.

http://ktleyed.blogspot.com/2011/03/vampire-who-loved-me-by-teresa-medeiros.html ( )
  ktleyed | Mar 23, 2011 |
I actually like a sense of danger or menace when I read about vampires. This book is vampire-lite froth. Like getting a decaf, fat-free, sugar-free vanilla latte when what you ordered was a triple shot grande mocha with whipped cream. ( )
  Mumugrrl | Apr 18, 2010 |
So, back in my crazy romance reading teenage days*, I recall liking this author. When I saw this book at my favorite charity bookshop, I thought 10 cents was a steal. And then I read it.

Portia Cabot has loved Julian Kane for at least five years before this story began. During some mysterious business in a crypt, Portia nearly died to save him and has been repaid by abandonment. Julian is a vampire and feels he must leave her to save her from his fate. In this book, he’s back, and their love story gets an ending.

I guess I don’t really like paranormal romance. I also know that I missed out on a lot of back story here which occurred in some of the other books. Still, I didn’t really like the characters and I wasn’t really interested in them. I think people like paranormal romance because it adds this element of excitement and lust - oh no, he might kill me! Dangerous men! Oooh! And so on. Well, maybe I’m wrong. I don’t really fall for it though, having never fallen for a dangerous man (apparently I am unusual in this) and one of my big things about romance is that I have to find the love bit believable. I find that difficult here, probably because I’m missing out on the actual falling in love. I like series romance, but not when I can’t pick up one of the series and “get it”.

That muddle cleared up, I rather liked the ending. So it wasn’t all bad anyway! I think the rest of the series should be read before this one.

http://chikune.com/blog/?p=406 ( )
  littlebookworm | Feb 7, 2009 |

Five years after saving the life of vampire Julian Kane, beautiful Portia Cabot is reunited with the seductive creature of the night, whose fruitless pursuit of his stolen mortality and his lost soul has reduced him to an existence of drunken debauchery.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,075,663 books! | Top bar: Always visible