Taken by Robert Crais
4901920,897 (3.82)20
Recently added byagmlll, KRoan, tcards, juliecheri, private library, Hardboiled, TomCrowley3, TomCrowley

First-rate crime thriller by the master. ( )
  KRoan | Jul 25, 2014 |
Not his best book. I read them all dutifully in hardcover, as soon as my mom finishes with them. I always enjoy them and this was no exception, but he may have phoned this one in a little.

I don't really understand why he chose to tell it out of chronological order, maybe it built suspense better that way?

I will say that I enjoy having both Pike and Elvis figure prominently in the narrative, with chapters from each of their points of view. ( )
  keneumey | Jun 4, 2014 |
Pretty good thriller, not much of a mystery. I found that the multiple viewpoints added to the suspense but thinned out the character depth. Found the AG Mother mostly a distraction. ( )
  MichaelKelberer | Aug 21, 2013 |
Everything was good except the format. It just didn't work. It was distracting and made it hard to read. I finally gave up and read all the kids'part, Elvis' part and then all Pikes.

The first time ever I have given a 2 to Mr. Crais. ( )
  pjh1984 | Mar 31, 2013 |
Elvis Cole along with Joe Pike and Jon Stone go head to head with kidnappers from the US-Mexico border. Exciting book. ( )
  jsharpmd | Oct 22, 2012 |
Cut you,
I bleed.
Our name is love. - Tattooed Beach Sluts
Jiminy Cricket: Hey, where ya going'?
Pinocchio: I'm going to find him!
for Aaron Priest more than an agent my good and trusted friend with love
Jack Berman wrapped his arms around his girlfriend, Krista Morales, and watched his breath fog in the cold desert air.

Hired along with Joe Pike to investigate the alleged kidnapping of a wealthy industrialist's son, Elvis Cole goes undercover to infiltrate a ring of professional border kidnappers only to be abducted himself.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,609,864 books! | Top bar: Always visible