The Angel Esmeralda: Nine Stories by Don…

The Angel Esmeralda: Nine Stories (original 2011; edition 2012)

by Don DeLillo

Member:lgura
Title:The Angel Esmeralda: Nine Stories
Authors:Don DeLillo
Info:Scribner (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 224 pages
Rating:***
Tags:short stories, American literature, fiction

The Angel Esmeralda by Don DeLillo (2011)

English (15)  Spanish (2)  Danish (1)  All languages (18)
A series of short stories connected slightly thematically, well written and thought provoking. ( )
  charlie68 | Feb 15, 2015 |
mentioned him on my blog after reading this: https://christyrodgers.wordpress.com/2015/01/17/books-by-despairing-men/ ( )
  CSRodgers | Jan 29, 2015 |
The story "the angel Esmeralda" is a story that's also part of Underworld. I bought it, but I was disappointed, I had already read it, twice. And like it. But I would have appreciated if someone had told me that it's part of Underworld.
  xtien | Sep 11, 2013 |
Don DeLillo is one of my favorite novelists, and now he is one of my favorite short story writers, too. These nine stories are to savor, read one at a time and then absorb each for a day or two before reading the next one. ( )
  nmele | Apr 6, 2013 |
Delillo is quite simply one of the greatest contempt writers of fiction. Although these stories, by their nature, don't have the scope of his novels, he is unparalleled in his precise language and imagery. Brilliant. ( )
  malrubius | Apr 2, 2013 |

Avec ces nouvelles écrites entre 1979 et 2011 , Don DeLilli propose une variation aussi magistrale que singulière sur l'intranquilité à l'œuvre chez l'homme contemprain tentant de s 'adapter à travers une paranoïaque recherche de sens , au sentiment d'insécurité qui gouverne sa vie aussi fragile qu'illisible .

Collects nine stories written between 1979 and 2011 that chronicle three decades of American life from the perspective of a range of characters, including a pair of nuns in the South Bronx and two astronauts orbiting the Earth.

91 wanted6 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,746,672 books! | Top bar: Always visible