The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision by…

The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision (1996)

by James Redfield, Carol Adrienne (Author)

Series: Celestine (2)

The Celestine Prophecy: An Adventure by James Redfield (OTVTT2008)
    OTVTT2008: Jatkoa seuraa: Jos löysit tien yhdeksän oivalluksen avulla, voit mutkitella menemään tällä kirjalla. Kaasua Komisaario Palmu.

English (7)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  All (9)
Review: The Tenth Insight by James Redfield. This is the second book of “The Celestine Prophecy” series which I didn’t really relate too much that was written in the book but however interesting. I related more to some of the content in the first book and I connected more with some of my own opinions and beliefs. This second book was written for someone who is deeply involved with the spirit world. Redfield really came on strong spiritually, starting from the beginning of evolution to the afterlife. Plus, Redfield provides introduction to some basic metaphysics and his own personal vision of utopia. This book still mentions the nine insights of the first book and then the tenth insight wrote about in this book goes deeper into the spiritual aspect. I’m not criticizing what has been written and would not offend anyone of their belief. It was just way over my head to understand or connect with the story. It emphasizes a need to generate a loving energy unto all beings in search for a genuine meaning in lives through prayer and synchronistic events. There was a lot of fascinating data about dreams and secret sites. I found the last third of the book interesting and more on my level. What I thought Redfield was trying to get across to the reader is encouragement through positive behavior. He wrote about the way we live and think about what and why the world is the way it is today. All the insights came together in a more understandable way about the economy, environment, population, race, culture, etc…Redfield doesn’t claim to be a professional in these areas he just expresses in words explainable to the reader as a small spiritual awakening to negative and positive aspects as we strive to live out our lives in harmony. His spiritual wisdom is more on what we are trying to achieve in a changing evolutionary journey… ( )
  Juan-banjo | May 31, 2016 |
After millions of people read "The Celestine Prophecy" and failed to actualize the full potential of spiritual energy released by following the guidelines of the first nine insights, Redfield exposes a tenth insight.

Narrated in the same style as "The Celestine Prophecy" this added insight is told as a parable, taking the reader on an adventure of danger, intrigue, and self discovery. Redfield provides more detailed explanations of the first nine insights and admits the nine insights alone will not bring a full awakening.

The "Tenth Insight" deals with spiritual connection to the afterlife, and solving the mystery of human existence. Redfield shares his theories about intuition, dreams, reincarnation, the current world situation, the birth of the universe and the history of evolution, religion and the bible, the concept of hell, the afterlife, prayer, and attaining full knowledge of our life existence.

Open your mind to the concept of pre-life memory and afterlife memory, all achievable while we are here on earth. The ultimate goal – the two dimensions can become one; a World Vision with energy and communication shifting back and forth between life and afterlife. Death, as we know it, would be obsolete. Redfield also explains how the World Vision ties in with bible theories (Armageddon and the rapture). Focusing on love, optimism, and the power of positive thinking with the aid of the ten insights, the human race would be capable of creating a utopia on earth. If one is to believe Redfield’s theory, all spirits born to humans come to earth with good intentions. But since newly born humans have no recollection of afterlife, once the spirit enters a human body, it becomes part of the mortal world on earth and is dominated by fear and an uncontrollable urge to survive.

One major flaw in Redfield’s rationale is that he expects the reader to take a leap of faith and believe in the unknown….that anything is possible, yet he refuses to believe that evil spirits/souls can exist…simply because he has not yet encountered one.

All things considered, "The Tenth Insight" is thought provoking, entertaining, and amusing to contemplate. ( )
  LadyLo | Jan 19, 2011 |
In the sequel to the best-selling "The Celestine Prophecy", the ancient Peruvian manuscript and its nine vital insights begin to have a profound impact on the lives of millions of people around the world.
  Saraswati_Library | Sep 9, 2010 |
As always I read books as my soul requires confirmation of my journey here on earth, this book validated a lot that is going on not only with me, but around the world. A must read I feel for all of humanity. ( )
  LadyBlossom | Jul 18, 2009 |
Being a student of Kabbalah, I knew "Celestine Prophecy" was going to be followed by a sequel. There had to be a Tenth Insight to complete the path.

Actually . . . I lied. I knew there would be a sequel because I calmed my inner self and saw it happening.

I lied again. I knew there would be a sequel because of all the money Redfield made on the first book telling us things we already knew. Yep, that's it.

You will notice, however, that I did buy the book and read the book. The story was a good one, it was well told and it did no harm while bringing religion and spirituality to people all across the world. How many other books or authors can say that?

The Tenth Insight did not really explore any new territory and the author's style, while quite good, can only carry an audience so far if there is no message in the story, if nothing new is being added to the philosophy. For me, this is where the journey ended.

If you found inspiration in this series, the author succeeded. It just did not do it for me, but I will not say anything against what Redfield is bringing to people. We all need to reach for something higher and if this series gives you the inspiration to do that, I'm all for it. ( )
  PghDragonMan | Dec 21, 2007 |

James Redfieldprimary authorall editionscalculated
Adrienne, CarolAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Craft, KinukoCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Grieken, Kaja vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
...I Looked and behold,
a door was opened in heaven:
and the first voice which I hear was as ... a trumpet
talking with me; which said, come up hither, and I will show you
things which must be hereafter. And immediately
I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven..
and there was a rainbow round the throne,
in sight like unto an emerald. And round about the throne
were four and twenty seats: and up on the seats I saw four
and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment...
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away ...
For my wife and inspiration
Salle Merrill Redfield
I walked out to the edge of the granite overhand and looked northward at the scene below.

Een spirituele reisgids die je leven drastisch zal veranderen...

Dit werkboek is een praktische gids bij het bestuderen van de wijsheid uit 'Het tiende inzicht'. Het biedt uitleg en bruikbare oefeningen die het begrip van de onderwerpen uit deze inspirerende roman verdiepen: herinneringen uit andere levens, de ontdekking van intuitie, de waarde van de visualisaties. Maar James Redfield laat vooral zien hoe je je persoonlijke missie kan ontdekken. Een ontdekking die je leven drastisch zal veranderen! Een onmisbare gids voor wie zich verder wil verdiepen in de uitdagende denkwereld van James Redfield en op zoek is naar een nieuw en inspirerend levensavontuur!
----------------------
Millions have experienced the nine insights of The Celestine Prophecy and glimpsed the emerging world as a word-of-mouth, self-published book, The Celestine Prophecy has sold over five million copies in more than forty countries from Australia to Germany, from America to Japan, becoming a number one New York Times International Bestseller Inspired by this book individuals across the world have opened yup to the experience of guiding coincidences in their lives, and to a new sense of personal destiny and mission. Now, a new Insight is emerging...

In this exciting sequel, Charlene, the friend who first brought word that an ancient manuscript had been found in Peru, has suddenly disappeared while exploring an old-growth forest deep in the Appalachian Mountains. Here, in this rich setting of cathedral forests, wooded streams, and majestic waterfalls, your adventure in search of the Tenth Insight begins.
It is a trip that will take you through portals into other dimensions ... to memories of past experiences and other centuries... to the moment before our conception and the birth vision we all experience .. to the passage of death and the life review we must all face ... to the self-imposed isolation of hell, where fearful souls resist awakening ... and the love-filled Afterlife dimension where the knowledge of human destiny is guarded and held. And back on Earth, you will see the fear of the future that is endangering Earth's spiritual renaissance, and you will struggle to overcome this fear by exploring the nature of intuition, synchronicity, and visulalitzation.
As you grasp the Tenth Insight, your memories will expand to include an understanding of hte long expanse of human history and the special mission that we all share to bring humanity to its intended purpose. and you will begin to answer, as never before, the unspoken questions that loom over all of human experience and in every human heart:
Why are we here?
What are we to do?
Where are we going?
Again, with words that resonate with our deepest intuitions and illuminate both the world outside us and within us, James Redfield offers us all a unique, revelatory, and ultimately joyful vision of human spirituality. One that could change your life.
And perhaps the world.
From Amazon.Product DescriptionAnnouncing the experiential guide to The Tenth Insight--the much anticipated sequel to the phenomenal #1 worldwide bestseller The Celestine Prophecy. The detailed information and carefully designed exercises contained in this guide are intended to help readers fully utilize the exciting knowledge and personal realizations featured in The Tenth Insight.

The adventure that began with The Celestine Prophecy continues as the action shifts to a wilderness in the American Southeast where the narrator's friend has disappeared.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:07 -0400)

This volume is the second novel in The Celestine Series, beginning with The Celestine Prophecy. One of the characters of The Celestine Prophecy, Charlene, disappears while exploring a forest in the Appalachian Mountains. The book discusses ideas about other dimensions, past lives, conception and birth, the passage through death to an afterlife, hell and heaven. It also illustrates the author's vision of human destiny and the idea that fear of the future is endangering Earth's spiritual renaissance. In the story, each individual soul is part of a larger "Soul Group", which shares the mission of helping the evolution of the cosmos. At times, a soul from a given Group incarnates itself, choosing the conditions of its life according to its needs, while the other souls observe. Each soul creates a reality around itself, which later brings consequences upon it. These consequences take the form of life and afterlife, which vary according to the person's choices. On Earth, people speak of the prophecy written in the Book of Revelation as if it were coming true. Many fear that it will come partly true, in that a dictator (an Antichrist) will arise, but will not be thrown down. To counteract this idea, which is damaging to the spiritual renaissance, the protagonists hold their own, Utopian "World Vision" to the exclusion of its opposite, until it dominates the opposite at the book's climax.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,299,041 books! | Top bar: Always visible