Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the…

Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Jumping Frogs

by Donald J. Sobol

I'd heard of these books as a kid and thought my son would like them, so figured I'd try it. My son enjoyed this one and I think this is a creative and fun series for younger readers and great for teaching and introducing mysteries. Bit more complex than Cam Jansen though. ( )
  briannad84 | Jul 9, 2013 |
Tricky mysteries as always, but I really don't like the kid on the cover nor the interior artwork. Too used to Leonard Shortall, I guess. The format/order of the stories through me off, too. ( )
  rgurskey | Apr 22, 2010 |

Can the secret weapon in Idaville’s war on crime really be a ten-year-old boy in sneakers? It can if it’s Encyclopedia Brown!

Encyclopedia is back with ten all-new mysteries to solve, along with the help of his partner, Sally Kimball, the prettiest and toughest girl in the fifth grade. They’ll have to face Bugs Meany, who’s up to his old tricks, and Wilford Wiggins, who’s still dreaming up new schemes to trick the kids of Idaville out of their money. Plus there’s lots of new characters too!

The solutions to all the mysteries are in the back—but can you solve them first?

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:22 -0400)

Encyclopedia Brown, boy detective extraordinaire, solves ten new cases, including "The Case of the Miracle Pill," "The Case of Nemo's Tuba," "The Case of the Lawn Mower Races," and "The Case of the Air Guitar." Solutions provided at the end of each chapter.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,721,766 books! | Top bar: Always visible