Devil in Disguise by Robin Alexander

Devil in Disguise (edition 2011)

by Robin Alexander

7None1,130,134 (3.75)1
Member:schatzi
Title:Devil in Disguise
Authors:Robin Alexander
Info:Intaglio Publications (2011), Paperback, 236 pages
Collections:eLibrary, Read in 2013
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction: lgbt, fiction: mystery, ebook

Devil in Disguise by Robin Alexander

Natalie has isolated herself after losing her partner, Karen, in a drunk driving accident a year ago. Natalie was injured in the accident as well, and she finds it easier to just retreat from the world. But, as time heals her body and heart, she meets two distinctively different women that both ignite a spark of attraction in her: Lyn, her next door neighbor, and Terry, a handywoman. Unfortunately, one of them is a crazy psychopath who only wants to hurt her.

I loved Robin Alexander's [Pitifully Ugly], and her writing style is much more like that book than the other one I've read (Magnetic). The only problem for me, however, was the premise. Natalie calls in to cancel her phone service, and the psychopath on the other line (I won't give away who it is) decides that Natalie sounds arrogant and stuck up, so...she decides to date Natalie, break into her house, mess with her mind, and ultimately destroy her. All because she wanted to disconnect her land line phone? I found this hard to believe, especially since the psychopath had apparently worked for the company for a long time. Surely she had run into customers who were more rude than Natalie; did she hunt them all down? And it was pretty obvious to me which one the psychopath was, even though the author tried to throw in some mixed signals.

Still, if you can get over the whole "cancel your phone service and I will end you" thing, it's a good book. ( )
  schatzi | Jan 27, 2013 |
For the sweetest of Roses.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,463,004 books! | Top bar: Always visible