Barrio lejano - Tomo 1 by Jiro Taniguchi

Barrio lejano - Tomo 1 (2005)

by Jiro Taniguchi, Keiko Suzuki (Translator), M. Barrera (Translator), Boilet (Adaptación gráfica)

Member:jmbadia
Title:Barrio lejano - Tomo 1
Authors:Jiro Taniguchi
Other authors:Keiko Suzuki (Translator), M. Barrera (Translator), Boilet (Adaptación gráfica)
Info:Ponent Mon (2004), Paperback
Collections:CL_deComicsBibXAmoros, Leidos, Your library
Tags:còmic

A Distant Neighborhood, Volume 1 by Jiro Taniguchi (2005)

Recently added bybobparr, private library, Lilikii, Witchking, claudio.marchisio, Anselme, damiens, recipe_addict

English (8)  French (7)  Danish (2)  All languages (17)
A mio avviso leggermente inferiore a 'Al tempo di papa'', è comunque un'opera monumentale, tenerissima e profonda. Ammiro (e un pochetto invidio) la spiritualità con cui riesce a disegnare, grazie alla quale trasmette emozioni eterogenee con una semplice tavola a china - tra le altre cose, le piu' perfette tavole a china che abbia mai visto.
Non è la tecnica geniale, non è per la costruzione delle inquadrature, non è neppure con la storia - è un'alchimia strana, di fraseggi evocativi di immagini, di sfumature abbozzate, di rimandi ad un ricordo nascosto che riposa in noi da qualche parte, quello con cui Taniguchi ci fa rimanere stupiti di fronte alle sue opere. ( )
  bobparr | Dec 14, 2014 |
Very different from my normal read, I was amazed by how interesting and powerful yet meandering this volume was. I really enjoy whenever I read a book where instead of the writer passing on some kind of agenda to us, we get to think through things with the character. ( )
  KingdomOfOdd | Dec 9, 2013 |
A contemplative manga about a man who finds himself cast back into his own boyhood, but retaining his adult thoughts and memories. The art is quietly rich, and I felt the detailed monochrome style added to the nostalic feel of the work. It tentatively explores the protagonist's childhood, touching on nostalgia, responsibility, guilt, family and the differences between children and adults. I enjoyed it, but unlike some manga I don't think I could have handled another volume afterwards, because the relative weight of the themes makes it a little more challenging. I'm not entirely sure whether I'll want to read more of this, as I sense some heavy and potentially painful issues on the horizon. ( )
  Shimmin | Oct 19, 2013 |
This book has restored my faith in manga. It is a fascinating story about a man who finds himself living as his 14-year-old self knowing his own future. It is beautifully drawn, tense and mysterious. I am very eager to read the next volume! ( )
  martensgirl | Dec 13, 2012 |
Very detailed illustration help the reader to immerse himself in this tale of a 48-year old man who time shifts into the body of his fourteen-year old self. He rediscovers his family and his old hometown, since lost. He gradually realises that he is able to change events, maybe even prevent his father's imminent disappearance. But what of his own future, his wife and daughters? This is a subtle and contemplative tale, drawn in impeccable detail. I look forward to the second volume. ( )
  questbird | Aug 1, 2012 |
Uuuh...

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,372,809 books! | Top bar: Always visible