Clara and Asha by Eric Rohmann

Clara and Asha

by Eric Rohmann

English (45)  Spanish (1)  All (46)
A night-time story about a girl who would rather imagine adventures with her friends than settle in for sleep.
  pcanoy | Apr 23, 2017 |
Absolutely nothing wrong with this. I'd give it four stars, except that it kept reminding me of other books that have impressed me more. For example, the wordless pages remind me of [b:Tuesday|97860|Tuesday|David Wiesner|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1328870556s/97860.jpg|3036058] and other books by [a:David Wiesner|16461|David Wiesner|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1204659134p2/16461.jpg] and some by [a:Chris Van Allsburg|9685|Chris Van Allsburg|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1264399536p2/9685.jpg].

The themes and most of the storyline are too much like the magical [b:Moon Tiger|130031|Moon Tiger|Phyllis Root|http://www.goodreads.com/assets/nocover/60x80.png|125233], which has a bonus of an extra theme about siblings, and [b:Ned And The Joybaloo|4194553|Ned And The Joybaloo|Hiawyn Oram|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1336427170s/4194553.jpg|4241914] which has a truly poetic text supporting enriched themes.

You might not be able to find all of those, though, so go ahead and enjoy this. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
When a young girl can't sleep at night, her imaginary fish-friend comes to visit. They go on surreal adventures together and love each other unconditionally. This is a simple and sweet book that would be suitable for kindergartners and up. ( )
  murandapatanda | Mar 13, 2016 |
I can absolutely understand why this is an award winning book! I love the oil paintings that exude the tone of the story. I think this would be a wonderful book to read during story time... I believe it would capture the imagination and interest of many young students. ( )
  Atroesch | Dec 8, 2015 |
Genre: Picture Book
This story is about a little girl and her imaginary friend Asha. Asha is a fish. It is a very beautifully illustrated story about the adventures they go on when she is supposed to be trying to go to sleep.
This is a good book to read during a story time in a classroom story, or maybe a bedtime book. The pictures are beautiful.
  samantha.cox | Dec 7, 2015 |
For Candy and for Simon who both said, "It's all there in the pictures."
"Clara! Time for bed," my mom calls.

This is a story of friendship between a girl and her oversized fish, told through beautfiul pictures and words.

Young Clara would rather play with her imaginary giant fish, Asha, than settle down to sleep.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,089,703 books! | Top bar: Always visible