Queen, The: A Patrick Bowers Thriller (The…

Queen, The: A Patrick Bowers Thriller (The Bowers Files) (edition 2011)

by Steven James

Member:rharrisonblack
Title:Queen, The: A Patrick Bowers Thriller (The Bowers Files)
Authors:Steven James
Info:Revell (2011), Paperback, 528 pages
Collections:own Kindle version
Tags:Patrick Bowers, FBI, mystery

Queen, The: A Patrick Bowers Thriller (The Bowers Files) by Steven James

The only reason not to read this book before bed is that you won't be able to put it down and go to sleep! It's been a while since I've read a thriller with plot intricacies so twisted and so brilliantly woven. ( )
  MomsterBookworm | Jul 14, 2014 |
NCLA Review: A definite page turner, THE QUEEN is chock-full of drama, personal conflict and suspense. Once again, Agent Patrick Bowers refuses to let the criminal get too many paces ahead of him. And, if you are familiar with Agent Bowers, you already know he is the only agent who could successfully work simultaneously on two unrelated, high profile murders which are located miles apart from each other. And, if work isn’t enough, he has to remain vigilant in the raising and nurturing of his guilt-ridden stepdaughter continuing to help her work through her past issues, while at the same time, trying to find the right time to propose to his soul mate. Steven James has, once again, managed to keep the reader guessing and then rethinking with the many twists and turns throughout the novel. Only at the very last do all the pieces of the puzzle fit together. And, of course, the ending provides that much desired cliffhanger. Get ready to sit back and second guess yourself and you delve into THE QUEEN. Rating: 3 —PL ( )
  ncla | Mar 13, 2012 |
I anticipate the release of each of Steven James' releases of the Patrick Bowers series. The latest installment did not disapoint. If you haven't read Steven James, you don't know what your missing. One of my favorite authors. ( )
  leducjm | Nov 22, 2011 |
THE QUEEN by Steven James is another amazing Patrick Bowers Thriller suspense set in present day San Antonio,Texas,to Woodborough,Wisconsin,to Cairo,Egypt.This is the #5 in "A Patrick Bowers Files" series,see "The Pawn","The Rook","The Knight",and "The Bishop".But "The Queen" can be read as a stand alone.Full of suspense,intrigue, murder,conspiracy,secrets,Cold War secrets buried for years,Middle East tensions,danger,and a thriller that will have you on the edge of your seat.Patrick,Lien-Hua,and Tessa chase across the country with a heart pounding action. This is a fast paced story from beginning to end.It is full of action and danger. Once again this author has written an awesome suspense/thriller with characters who will keep you coming back for more.A must read for all suspense,thriller,action,and adventure readers. This book was received for review from the publisher.Details can be found at Revell,a division of Baker Publishing Group. ( )
  tarenn | Sep 30, 2011 |
I was so excited to see The Queen had been released since I’ve read all 4 prior novels in the series. Steven James has become one of my favorite authors with his thrilling plots and suspenseful twists & turns. The first book I read was The Pawn and I think it’s still my favorite. All the books in the series can stand alone but I had to go back and start from the beginning to read what had happened in the beginning. That’s the beauty of this series—you can read them in any order. I just liked seeing the journey of the character’s lives from the start.

The Queen is the only book from James that I thought started slowly. It was really hard for me to get into the book until about Chapter 5 or 6. I kept pushing through knowing James would eventually grab my attention (he had to—all his other books did!). Once I hit the point of “getting involved”, I had a hard time putting the book down!

I think there was more about personal relationships in this book than in the others. Maybe that was the reason I had a hard time. I was expecting an explosive start and that just didn’t happen. In prior books, the plot revolved around a serial killer and all his victims. The Queen wasn’t really about a serial killer but more about conspiracy. Maybe my expectations got the best of me. Who knows—I just know that it didn’t give me the same feeling when I read it.

By the time I got near the end, I was carrying the book with me everywhere! I couldn’t wait to see who was involved in the conspiracy although I had an idea of who it was. Boy was I surprised!!! I’m glad I made it to the end to find out “who done it”. Now I can’t wait for the next book to come out!
Based on everything, I would give The Queen 4 out 5 stars. Mr James always delivers—sometimes more than others—and I always recommend his writing to other booklovers.

I received this book free from Revell as part of their book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

Available September 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group. ( )
1 vote iluvf14 | Sep 17, 2011 |

While investigating a double homicide in an isolated northern Wisconsin town, FBI Special Agent Patrick Bowers uncovers a high-tech conspiracy that twists through long-buried Cold War secrets and targets present-day tensions in the Middle East.

In his most explosive thriller yet, bestselling author Steven James delivers a multi-layered storytelling tour de force that not only delivers pulse-pounding suspense but also deftly explores the rippling effects of the choices we make.

The Queen is a techno-thriller that will leave you breathless, offered by the author Publishers Weekly calls a "master storyteller at the peak of his game."

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:56 -0400)

"While investigating a mysterious double homicide in an isolated northern Wisconsin town, FBI Special Agent Patrick Bowers uncovers a high-tech conspiracy that ties together long-buried Cold War secrets with present-day tensions in the Middle East."--P. [2] of jacket.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,510,734 books! | Top bar: Always visible