Pezzettino by Leo Lionni

Pezzettino

by Leo Lionni

This book has a goo dialog between characters. It shows the importance of being unique and who you truly are. This is a god read for students who are having a hard time meeting or making friends. It is even good to just share in the classroom to remind the students that everyone is different.
  chretaylor | Feb 17, 2015 |
Pezzettino is a wonderful tale that demonstrates that we all have a place where we belong and regardless of how small, we matter. This story can be used in various activities that focus on the importance of diversity and acceptance.
  Gamino | Jan 31, 2015 |
I loved this book. It reminded me lot of one of my other favorite books, "The Missing Piece Meets the Big O" by Shel Silverstein. I love the simplicity of the story--I've always though that when it comes to picture books simple is normally better, and I think that that definitely applies to this book. ( )
  KelseyAnnB | Dec 8, 2013 |
Pezzettino learns about fitting in, which is something that a lot of children strive for. This teaches them that sometimes, you may not "fit in", but you will always be yourself.
  rebeccabrooke | Jun 9, 2013 |
Pezzettion is trying to find him/herself in this world of big things that Pezzettion lives in. This little piece things that they must belong to something bigger than itself, but at the end realizes that it was meant to be an individual piece in order to do great things. Great book that talks about identity and self esteem.
  SarahLinfield | Mar 12, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 039483156X, Hardcover)

Pezzettino lives in a world in which everyone is big and does daring and wonderful things. But he is small, just a “little piece,” which is the meaning of pezzettino in Italian. “I must be a piece of somebody. I must belong to someone else,” he thinks. How Pezzettino learns that he belongs to no one but himself is the joyous and satisfying conclusion to this beautiful mosaic style picture book.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:06:26 -0400)

Little Pezzettino is so small he is convinced he must be a piece of somebody else. A wise man helps him discover the truth.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,712,990 books! | Top bar: Always visible