Pezzettino by Leo Lionni

Pezzettino

by Leo Lionni

147None80,854 (3.89)1

I loved this book. It reminded me lot of one of my other favorite books, "The Missing Piece Meets the Big O" by Shel Silverstein. I love the simplicity of the story--I've always though that when it comes to picture books simple is normally better, and I think that that definitely applies to this book. ( )
  KelseyAnnB | Dec 8, 2013 |
Pezzettino learns about fitting in, which is something that a lot of children strive for. This teaches them that sometimes, you may not "fit in", but you will always be yourself.
  rebeccabrooke | Jun 9, 2013 |
Pezzettion is trying to find him/herself in this world of big things that Pezzettion lives in. This little piece things that they must belong to something bigger than itself, but at the end realizes that it was meant to be an individual piece in order to do great things. Great book that talks about identity and self esteem.
  SarahLinfield | Mar 12, 2012 |
This story is about Piece, he searches all over to find out if he is a piece of somebody bigger than him, because he feels isolated and lonely. Everyone tells him the same thing, how could he be a part of them when they were who they were. So in search of finding his counterparts he one day tripped fell and into a bunch of pieces and finally realized he had many parts to him as well. He found himself, and was happy. ( )
  megancoleman | Feb 10, 2012 |
an orange piece feels lonely
  karlykeene | Mar 29, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 039483156X, Hardcover)

Pezzettino lives in a world in which everyone is big and does daring and wonderful things. But he is small, just a “little piece,” which is the meaning of pezzettino in Italian. “I must be a piece of somebody. I must belong to someone else,” he thinks. How Pezzettino learns that he belongs to no one but himself is the joyous and satisfying conclusion to this beautiful mosaic style picture book.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:06:26 -0400)

Little Pezzettino is so small he is convinced he must be a piece of somebody else. A wise man helps him discover the truth.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,493,476 books! | Top bar: Always visible