Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless…

Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Katie Davis Majors (Author)

Katie Davis traveled to Uganda for a short mission trip over the Christmas break of her senior year in high school. She found herself so moved by the Ugandan people and their needs that she knew it was her calling to return to care for them. She is now in the process of adopting thirteen children there, and has established the ministry, Amazima, that cares for hundreds more. Here, she shares her story.… (more)
Member:JoelDGilbert
Title:Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption
Authors:Katie Davis Majors (Author)
Info:Howard Books (2011), Edition: 9.4.2011 edition, 288 pages

Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption by Katie J. Davis (2011)

I read this biography in two days! I could not put it down. I loved this story of a Young woman from Nashville Tn who moved to Uganda to teach & serve God. The impact she makes in the lives of children in the region is amazing. What a role model for young readers. Highly recommend. ( )
  Thelmajean | Jul 21, 2019 |
Wow! This book was so good! I couldn't readily without having tears I my eyes. So moving! ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
Katie recommended this book to Kamari.
  FinneytownSecondary | Jan 12, 2019 |
Meet Katie Davis. As she graduates highschool she decides ti help people in Uganda. To kids she is Auntie Katie, to 14 very special kids she is Mommy, and to everyone else she is friend. Living in Uganda she apodts 14 little girls and takes care of even more. When shen she sees the condidtoins of the people she takes care of them, caring for them till death, or nutuing them back to health. Then she loses little Jane, the "twin" of little Grace, to the birth mother. When her nephew was told to give care packages, he said "Why Katie will help them".

I love this book because it shows how human we really are. Go check it out. Go send help to the kids. They need you. ( )
  JaycieG.B2 | Oct 22, 2017 |
Katie is definitely living a life of what would Jesus do out loud. I'm not sure what initially made her choose Uganda but she's definitely doing a lot.
Some of the reviews bashed her choice and writing. Even though some of the tactics are a bit problematic, I don't know many 18 year olds doing the same. This was an easy, interesting read. May we all live out our purposes. ( )
  Jewel.Barnett | Sep 6, 2017 |

Katie J. Davisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Clark, Bethsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Jesus. Every word, every breath is for you.

And for my girls, Prossy, Margaret, Agnes, Zuula, Mary, Hellen, Tibita, Sarah, Scovia, Joyce, Sumini, Jane, Grace, and Patricia, for teaching me more about His unfailing love each and every day.
Sometimes it hits me like a brick to the head: My life is kind of insane.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,766,968 books! | Top bar: Always visible