Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless…

Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Katie J. Davis, Beth Clark (Contributor)

Member:Maggie21
Title:Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption
Authors:Katie J. Davis
Other authors:Beth Clark (Contributor)
Info:Howard Books (2011), Hardcover, 288 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Memoir

Kisses from Katie: A Young Woman's Journey of Faith A Remote Village A Love without Limits by Katie J. Davis (2011)

Katie's stories are inspiring, and this is a book I'm very glad to have on my bookshelf. It loses a star for the organization(the skipping timeline drove me crazy), but on the whole this is a book that makes you ask yourself some pretty tough questions. ( )
  Stormydawnc | Jun 23, 2014 |
Katie is a modern-day Mother Theresa. Very inspiring book. ( )
  medixon | Feb 11, 2014 |
Katie is truly an inspiring disciple! I have so many pages dog eared and I can't wait for book club! I would love to read this book again, it made me so excited to not only be able to be going to Ecuador next summer, but also the fact that every day I'm taking care of His children! ( )
  ebv | Aug 6, 2013 |
I really REALLY wanted to like this book, but I just couldn't.
As a missionary myself for over 20 years, I have seen people come on the field and want to do so much work and do so much good and in about 4 years they are totally burned out and they just leave. Understandable, but still frustrating for those of us who are left behind to pick up the pieces.

While I truly admire Katie for her faith in God and her willingness to try to help out the community where she has chosen to live I am not sure starting a corporation, writing a book and then having to leave your ministry to go back to the states to promote this book is the best use of the resources. And when you are 18 years old are you really and truly knowledgable and mature enough to do this sort of thing? Seriously--no matter how much you think you know at that age, you are still pretty heavily influenced by others and that is what scares me most about this whole ministry.

Some may say that it is a matter of pride and what have I done that is so spectacular, but all I can say is that I have done the work that God has given me to do and I feel that I have done it well. Does this mean that I spend every waking hour serving others? No--because I am a human who understands that I would not last on the mission field for very long if I did that. Do I wish that I could save every one that I come into contact with? Of course I do, but I also understand that that is God's job and sometimes you have to turn it over to others that He has sent to do part of it and while Katie has "helpers", she also has taken on an awful lot of work that may not be so much fun in 10 years. ( )
  carolvanbrocklin | Apr 5, 2013 |
Non-Fiction; Biography
4.5 stars

Katie is not your average girl. She feels a calling much greater than maintaining a relationship with her high school sweetheart and attending the college of her dreams. This 18 year old, Tennessee native walks away from her near perfect life for one as a missionary in Uganda, Africa.

With a heart full of faith and compassion, Katie takes her readers on her journey through the orphanages where there are many needs among the African children. Along the way, she endures heartache and a feeling of being overwhelmed by it all, but relies on God to use her servants heart and hands to truly make a difference in the world.

I really enjoyed this book and was amazed by the strong character that this young woman has. It was a true blessing to be invited in to her world. She is very brave to go against what we consider 'normal' society to follow her dream. Her service and dedication is truly admirable.

This book will definitely make you step back and analyse yourself and your own faith. Could you do what she has done? Would you give up your own life to be of service to others? I know what my answer would be. Read this book if you want to find out yours. ( )
  showmegirl | Jun 17, 2012 |

Katie J. Davisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Clark, Bethsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Jesus. Every word, every breath is for you.

And for my girls, Prossy, Margaret, Agnes, Zuula, Mary, Hellen, Tibita, Sarah, Scovia, Joyce, Sumini, Jane, Grace, and Patricia, for teaching me more about His unfailing love each and every day.
Sometimes it hits me like a brick to the head: My life is kind of insane.

Katie Davis traveled to Uganda for a short mission trip over the Christmas break of her senior year in high school. She found herself so moved by the Ugandan people and their needs that she knew it was her calling to return to care for them. She is now in the process of adopting thirteen children there, and has established the ministry, Amazima, that cares for hundreds more. Here, she shares her story.… (more)

599 wanted1 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,335,174 books! | Top bar: Always visible