Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless…

Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Katie J. Davis, Beth Clark (Contributor)

Member:Maggie21
Title:Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption
Authors:Katie J. Davis
Other authors:Beth Clark (Contributor)
Info:Howard Books (2011), Hardcover, 288 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Memoir

Kisses from Katie: A Young Woman's Journey of Faith A Remote Village A Love without Limits by Katie J. Davis (2011)

What would cause an eighteen-year-old old senior class president and homecoming queen from Nashville, Tennessee, to disobey and disappoint her parents by forgoing college, break her little brother’s heart, lose all but a handful of her friends (because the rest of them think she has gone off the deep end), and break up with the love of her life, all so she could move to Uganda, where she knew only one person but didn’t know any of the language? A passion to make a difference. Katie Davis left over Christmas break her senior year for a short mission trip to Uganda and her life was turned completely inside out. She found herself so moved, so broken by the people and the children of Uganda that she knew her calling was to return and care for them. Her story is like Mother Teresa’s in that she has given up everything—at such a young age—to care for the less fortunate of this world. Katie, a charismatic and articulate young woman, has gone on to adopt 14 children during her time in Uganda, and she completely trusts God for daily provision for her and her family, which includes children with special needs. (compliments of Goodreads.com)
  sjac | Sep 3, 2014 |
Katie's stories are inspiring, and this is a book I'm very glad to have on my bookshelf. It loses a star for the organization(the skipping timeline drove me crazy), but on the whole this is a book that makes you ask yourself some pretty tough questions. ( )
  Stormydawnc | Jun 23, 2014 |
Katie is a modern-day Mother Theresa. Very inspiring book. ( )
  medixon | Feb 11, 2014 |
Katie is truly an inspiring disciple! I have so many pages dog eared and I can't wait for book club! I would love to read this book again, it made me so excited to not only be able to be going to Ecuador next summer, but also the fact that every day I'm taking care of His children! ( )
  ebv | Aug 6, 2013 |
Non-Fiction; Biography
4.5 stars

Katie is not your average girl. She feels a calling much greater than maintaining a relationship with her high school sweetheart and attending the college of her dreams. This 18 year old, Tennessee native walks away from her near perfect life for one as a missionary in Uganda, Africa.

With a heart full of faith and compassion, Katie takes her readers on her journey through the orphanages where there are many needs among the African children. Along the way, she endures heartache and a feeling of being overwhelmed by it all, but relies on God to use her servants heart and hands to truly make a difference in the world.

I really enjoyed this book and was amazed by the strong character that this young woman has. It was a true blessing to be invited in to her world. She is very brave to go against what we consider 'normal' society to follow her dream. Her service and dedication is truly admirable.

This book will definitely make you step back and analyse yourself and your own faith. Could you do what she has done? Would you give up your own life to be of service to others? I know what my answer would be. Read this book if you want to find out yours. ( )
  showmegirl | Jun 17, 2012 |

Katie J. Davisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Clark, Bethsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Jesus. Every word, every breath is for you.

And for my girls, Prossy, Margaret, Agnes, Zuula, Mary, Hellen, Tibita, Sarah, Scovia, Joyce, Sumini, Jane, Grace, and Patricia, for teaching me more about His unfailing love each and every day.
Sometimes it hits me like a brick to the head: My life is kind of insane.

Katie Davis traveled to Uganda for a short mission trip over the Christmas break of her senior year in high school. She found herself so moved by the Ugandan people and their needs that she knew it was her calling to return to care for them. She is now in the process of adopting thirteen children there, and has established the ministry, Amazima, that cares for hundreds more. Here, she shares her story.… (more)

599 wanted1 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,381,560 books! | Top bar: Always visible