Everything I Need to Know Before I'm Five by…

Everything I Need to Know Before I'm Five

by Valorie Fisher

I thought this was a wonderful children's book. The author did a wonderful job at conveying the words into pictures. The pictures coincided with numbers, emotions, opposites, etc. I would use this one in my pre k or kindergarten class for sure. ( )
  avidrine | Feb 27, 2014 |
In this picture book for young children, Valorie Fisher provides a review of basic concepts that children should know before they are five, such as numbers, opposites, shapes, colors, seasons, weather, and the alphabet. Each page of the book includes bright text and vibrantly colored photographs of small toys and dolls arranged in ways that illustrate specific concepts. For example, to illustrate how “easy” is the opposite of “hard,” Fisher has put two dolls standing upright with smiles on their faces for “easy” and two dolls standing on their heads with facial expressions of uncertainty for “hard.” Similarly, she has put together similarly colored toys to illustrate the differences between colors, as well as specific quantities of toys to illustrate different numbers. This book could be used to help preschoolers, kindergarteners, and first graders learn about the different concepts that are presented within it. Additionally, young children could use the book as a way in which to show off their knowledge of the various concepts within it or to discuss certain concepts or images with their parents and teachers. ( )
1 vote CarolineBraden | Oct 17, 2013 |
A book about numbers, letters, opposites, and colors. Can help a child learn all of the basics at one time. ( )
1 vote Madisonrr | Sep 3, 2013 |
Great book to own for preschoolers. It had the ABC's numbers, colors, opposites, etc. Everything a child should know before they are five. Great for teaching pre-readers and great review and confidence builder for early readers. ( )
1 vote jennabear913 | Apr 24, 2013 |
Fisher uses very small toys and dolls to create a wonderful concept book that draws adults in, too. Her use of color and very basic imagery is a great start for young pre-readers and beginners to have discussions about what they see. The minimalist style is easy but still leaves room for the imagination. I certainly wish we had this book when our kids were growing up. ( )
  mbrittain | Jul 9, 2012 |

Do you know your letters? Can you count to twenty? Learn all that and more in this all-in-one concept picture book. Perfect for kids heading to kindergarten, this book covers the alphabet, counting, opposites, shapes, colors, and seasons. Award winning author-illustrator Valorie Fisher uses bright, gorgeous photos of retro toys to illustrate these topics in a completely fresh way. Parents will love this stylish and funny approach to basic concepts, while kids will learn, well, everything.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:20:02 -0400)

This book covers the alphabet, counting, opposites, shapes, colors, and seasons and uses bright photos of retro toys to illustrate these topics.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,319,982 books! | Top bar: Always visible