To Ride A Silver Broomstick: New…

To Ride A Silver Broomstick: New Generational Witchcraft (1993)

by Silver RavenWolf

I read this ages ago & while I recall there was a few bits of useful info regarding a look at a "non=traditional" religion there was also a lot of ridiculous things. The tone of this book was also quite troublesome as it read as if Ravenwolf was "talking down" to her audience instead of sharing information. As I said it's been a while since I read it (at least 10 years) so perhaps upon a second reading I might feel kinder towards it but I don't think I'll be picking it up anytime soon. ( )
  chickalea | Mar 14, 2014 |
Crap. Bought these ages ago from ebay, should have saved my money. ( )
  mlfhlibrarian | Oct 21, 2012 |
A lousy introduction to modern neoPagan Witchcraft. The information is not well organized, and while it is ostensibly aimed at the young who are new to it all, it is a mishmash of beginner stuff with advanced stuff randomly inserted. Not long after it was published i began writing an annotated critique, but quit because it became such a long enumeration of its flaws and errors. I most certainly would not give this typical Llewellyn junk to a beginner. ( )
  lilinah | Oct 6, 2010 |
This book is a classic and one of the first I recommend for people who are interested in learning about Wicca. She approaches the subject in a conversational tone, but with some of the best information available for those interested in learning about the religion. While occasionally, her writing tone comes across as condescending, for the most part it is a great book with invaluable information. ( )
1 vote jayble | Jul 8, 2008 |
I've bought two of this author's books and regret the money spent on both. I also resent the space they take up on my shelf. In both books she comes off like the typical flaky, contradictory and bizarre kind of person that the media always seems to be able to find whenever they need to do a bit on Wiccans. You know, that person that we see on the news and think "oh gods above, of all the people they could have chosen to speak to, why him/her?"

Scott Cunningham's books drew me to Wicca many years ago. Sadly, most other authors, including this one, have driven me away. ( )
2 vote evethejust | Apr 20, 2008 |
To those who dance to a different drummer,
And dare to make their dreams come true...
I will always love you, Dad!

To my husband, Erwin Trayer,
I couldn't have done it without you!
It is Midsummer Night's Eve -- the longest day of the year. This unique time, full of unlimited power and mystery.

Hold on to your broomsticks!

New Generation Witchcraft is sweeping the country! Craft Elder Silver RavenWolf lays the groundwork for practicing the Craft in this initial volume of the wildly popular New Generation WitchCraft series, which also includes To Stir a Magick Cauldron and To Light A Scared Flame.

Silver, a working Witch who has successfully used each and every technique in this book, presents how-to's for spell casting and ritual working, devinations and celebrations with her trademark humor and straight-from-the-hip style. If you're new to the Craft, Silver can teach you the essentials of this positive spiritual and magickal path. If you're familiar with the basics, Silver's extensive knowledge can enrich your practice.

You'll learn how to:
find your magickal name
celebrate sabbats and esbats
create sacred space
cleanse, consecrate and charge objects
design and perform rituals
cast spells, work rituals, and draw down the moon
use divination tools
perform color, candle, and sympathetic magick
practice telepathy, psychometry, and bi-location
work with power animals and familiars

Take a ride on Silver broomstick, and let your magickal adventure begin!

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 087542791X, Paperback)

Silver RavenWolf is one of the most widely recognized names in circles of witchcraft, and with good reason; she has written some of the best guides to contemporary Witchcraft available. To Ride a Silver Broomstick is a handbook aimed at the beginner, and doesn't get bogged down in history, dogma, or gender roles. It is a workbook for the individual, whether one is a solitary practitioner or part of a coven, that covers the basics of the craft--from useful vocabulary to setting up an altar--and briefly delves into more advanced concepts such as astral projection and telepathy. To Ride a Silver Broomstick may not be the most comprehensive single volume on the subject of witchcraft, but RavenWolf focuses on the aspects most important to a beginner, and keeps her introduction to the craft approachable and easy to follow. --Brian Patterson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:16 -0400)

Author "presents a fascinating introduction to the [witch]Craft. This indispensable guide presents tried-and-true Witch wisdom."-cover.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,755,078 books! | Top bar: Always visible