Wrong Side of Dead by Kelly Meding

Wrong Side of Dead

by Kelly Meding

I love this series. Just when you think you can't get any deeper in Evy & Wyatt - you do! Great continuation to the series. Can't wait for the next one. ( )
  JuneKramin | May 10, 2013 |
I don't have a lot to say about this wonderful addition to a series I love. I couldn't put it down. There were a couple of parts explaining what happened in really early books as being part of a big scheme where I wondered if she thought of this intrigue and subversion after she had already wrote the first couple, but overall, the novel worked for me, the plot was good, the pacing excellent --lots and lots of action, people in peril, emotional and tense moments, drama, fear, anger, love, betrayal, forgiveness, loss, etc.; it was all here, just a little soupçon of melodrama, right up my alley, I'll admit it. I don't anything specific to say about it just that it works for me and makes me happy.

But seriously, she needs to get some M/M action going. I know she's a big fan of it, check out her bookshelves, so I need her to step it up and get our little gay love muffin a bf. 'nuff said.

If you are a fan, you'll love this one, too. ( )
  maybedog | Apr 5, 2013 |

If you are a fan, you'll love this one, too. ( )
  maybedog | Apr 5, 2013 |
Evy and company now have a new headquarters and a new alliance. The humans, vampires and the Therians (weres) have joined forces to protect the innocent. Their main target is Halfies, humans turned by vampire bites. But they are also after Thackery, a human who has been experimenting with all species. Evy was at one time the object of his interest and she is not about to let him get away with it. But it is also a time when alliances and old truths are being tested. Innocent Therians have been kidnapped, a surprising sane kind of Halfie has emerged, and werewolves, long thought extinct have started appearing in the city. Evy is not going to get much sleep for a while.

This series just keeps getting better and better. Evy is an interesting character who is strong but also capable of caring. She is willing to question old beliefs and grow from what she has learned. The world she inhabits is magical and gritty at the same time. The book is action paced as always but there is time to reflect. I can't wait to see what will happen. Alas, I must wait for the next installment. ( )
  TheLibraryhag | May 7, 2012 |
WRONG SIDE OF DEAD ended up being my favorite Dreg City book yet. Its been a few months since the events of book 3 ANOTHER KIND OF DEAD. The story jumps a bit between the past (couple months ago) and the present day. There were a few points that that got a bit annoying but only because something good or suspenseful was going on and I was impatient to find out what would happen next.

I couldn't imagine a better fit in the series then Evy and Wyatt. They have been through so many ups and downs that you would think they could survive anything at this point but Evy's latest kidnapping really did a number on both of them and they are on a break when WRONG SIDE OF DEAD starts. We get taken through a lot of growing, soul searching and realizations. It was very easy to imagine being in the story with them. Kelly did a fantastic job conveying feelings and situations. All of the characters in the Dreg City Series are very strongly portrayed. I can picture the way they look and the way they act when they are described. There wasn't as much action as in previous books but the emotion was high and it still left me flipping the pages to find out what would happen next.

If you are new to the series you really should start with book 1, Evy has been through A LOT. She has been tortured, she has died, she has come back to life in a new body, she has been tortured again. There is way to much back story that you would miss if you jumped in at this point and its worth starting at the beginning. I don't think this is the last book in the series but if it ended up being the last I would be happy with where it ended. This is a great darker urban fantasy series to add to your book shelf. ( )
  STACYatUFI | Feb 10, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345525795, Mass Market Paperback)

Monster hunter Evangeline Stone woke up on the wrong side of dead this morning—and now there’s hell to pay.

Barely recovered from her extended torture at the hands of mad scientist Walter Thackery, Evy can use a break. What she gets instead is a war, as the battered Triads that keep Dreg City safe find themselves under attack by half-Blood vampires who have somehow retained their reason, making them twice as lethal. Worse, the Halfies are joined by a breed of were-creature long believed extinct—back and more dangerous than ever. Meanwhile, Evy’s attempts at reconciliation with the man she loves take a hit after Wyatt is viciously assaulted—an attack traced to Thackery, who has not given up his quest to exterminate all vampires . . . even if he has to destroy Dreg City to do it. With Wyatt’s time running out, another threat emerges from the shadows and a staggering betrayal shatters the fragile alliance between the Triads, vampires, and shapeshifters, turning Evy’s world upside down forever.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:00 -0400)

While attempting a reconciliation with the man she loves, monster hunter Evy Stone, after escaping a mad scientist, must help the Triads defend Dreg City from the half-Blood vampires and a rare breed of were-creature that are wreaking bloody havoc.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,319,735 books! | Top bar: Always visible