The Beckoners by Carrie Mac

The Beckoners

by Carrie Mac

A brutal look at girl bullying at its worst, set in a suburb of Vancouver. ( )
  JMBridger | Mar 13, 2011 |
This was compulsive, if unpleasant, reading. In this story of teenage bullying, Carrie Mac draws a world where adults are uncaring or oblivious, and teenagers can inflict life-threatening damage. None of the main characters are perfect, even the ones you hope survive do appalling things to each other.
This was a gripping story, and I very much wanted Zoe and April to find a way out of their impossible situation. I found the ending improbable, especially the adult collusion.
The ending left me feeling miserable, and while I might recommend it to some people, I will not reread it. ( )
  francescadefreitas | Jun 5, 2008 |

When Zoe moves to a new town, she finds the line between victim and tormentor is easily crossed.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,554,914 books! | Top bar: Always visible