3x3 Eyes: House of Demons by Yuzo Takada

3x3 Eyes: House of Demons

by Yuzo Takada

Overshadowed by Akira, 3x3 Eyes hasn't always gotten the reader community that it deserves. Very shounen in style and a lil "dirty" looking with the lines and colors, it might turn off manga readers who are used to the bishis, big eyes, and clean lines of today's shojo or certain shounen. The story is amazingly unique, combining Chinese, Japanese, and Indian cultures/mythologies and there are enough plot twists to keep anyone interested. ( )
  hemlockclock | Mar 13, 2009 |
Manga with supernatural theme. I've read it in english, so there were two translation instances: editorial from japanese to english and from english to portuguese on my mind. The story is funny, but without rereading the book at the moment what comes to my mind is how weird all the nipponic demons, ghosts, gods, etc appear to a brazilian catholic frame of mind. I doubt someone of japanese culture would think it as funny as I do, and if they did it would be for different reasons.
  petcarbocation | Jul 12, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,518,318 books! | Top bar: Always visible