The Wind Through the Keyhole: A Dark Tower…

The Wind Through the Keyhole: A Dark Tower Novel (edition 2012)

by Stephen King

1,483745,013 (4.07)2 / 57
Title:The Wind Through the Keyhole: A Dark Tower Novel
Authors:Stephen King
Info:Scribner (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 320 pages

The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King

English (65)  French (3)  Dutch (3)  German (1)  Finnish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (74)
Next up in the BOTM series, Stephen Kings The Wind through the Keyhole. This was a new read for me, since it was published after I read the series the last time. It was refreshing to read something new. It was when I mentioned that in my book club that I realized this book was published after he series had been completed.

This story picks up after Roland and the crew leave the tower in wizard and glass. They encounter this crazy storm called a starkbast, it is a deadly ice storm, but worse. While they wait the storm out, Roland tells another story of his youth, in which he chases a “skin-man.” While on the hunt for the “skin-man” Roland and his companion Jaime find a young survivor Bill Streeter. Bill is scared and Roland tells him a story from his childhood, the story of Tim Stoutheart.

This was a super quick read, which was a very nice change after Wizard and Glass, my book club split the reading up over two weeks half one week half the next. In actuality though, I read this whole thing in two days.

It was fun and light for a tower book, and we got to hear a fun fairy tale for Gilead. Which left me wanting to hear the rest of the Tim Stoutheart tales. king’s writing wasn’t as heavy as in Wizard and Glass, and this is a nice bridge between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of Calla.
For additional reviews please see my blog at www.adventuresofabibliophile.blogspot.com
  Serinde24 | Sep 27, 2015 |
What can I say? Stephen King is a master at what he does. The Wind Through the Key Hole offers those who seek it a foray back into Mid-World. Personally, as the 5 stars indicate, I loved it. ( )
  mkclane | Jul 31, 2015 |
We revisit with Roland Deschain and his ka-tet in this addition to the dark Tower series. As a sudden and deadly starkblast (storm) traps our travelers Roland once again assumes the roll of story-teller. Going back in his memories to the time when he was a very young gunslinger sent to find out more about an elusive “skinman”, a shape shifter plaguing a small town in Mid-World. There he meets a young witness and another impending starkblast. As he is holed up with his young witness he tells him the story of Tim Southeart. And an interesting tale it is.

In the forward to the book Mr. King describes this as part 4.5 in the Dark Tower series. Chronologically in the series that may well be where it falls, but it can stand alone as a good tale. It may help to know about the Ka-tet and their travels as background, but they quickly fall to the misty edge of the book once Roland’s story gets started. It is a story within a story, within the framework of Mid-world. For Mr. King's “constant readers” there is also a reference to “Eyes of the Dragon” and Merlin. It comes together nicely. Mr. King once again shows us what he does best … tells a good yarn with appealing characters and enough action, magic and mystery to keep his reader happy.
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
It didn't really do much to add to the Dark Tower story as the characters there sit down to listen to Roland tell a story. And he tells two, one nesting within the other. I liked it but I can understand those who hoped for more of Roland and the ka-tet being disappointed. Perhaps there will be another story one of these days. ( )
  Chris_El | Mar 19, 2015 |
I listen to this book from audible. Stephen King is the reader and does bring something to the story. I liked this book but yet was left wanting more from it. I have read the Dark Tower series from the beginning spanning some 20 years and loved them. This one is worth listening to, just don't expect this book to be one of the Dark Tower Novels. ( )
  oldriverbooks | Mar 2, 2015 |

King, Stephenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
iStockphoto/Thinksto…Cover artsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lee, JaeIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Murray, DeniseCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This is for Robin Furth, and the gang at Marvel Comics.
During the days after they left the Green Palace tha wasn't Oz after all -- but which was now the tomb of the unpleasant fellow Roland's ka-tet had known as the Tick-Tock Man -- the boy Jake began to range farther and farther ahead of Roland, Eddie, and Susannah.
It seemed to him that if the wrong man stepped into the marriage-loop with a woman, it was a noose instead of a ring.
"I cut the rope so, chary man!"
Time was a face on the water, and like the great river before them, it did nothing but flow.
There's nothing like stories on a windy night when folks have found a warm place in a cold world.
Horror's a worm that needs to be coughed out before it breeds. Now tell them.

Sent by his father to investigate evidence of a murderous shape shifter, a "skin man," Roland Deschain takes charge of Bill Streeter, a brave but terrified boy who is the sole surviving witness to the beast's most recent slaughter. Roland, himself only a teenager, calms the boy by reciting a story from the Magic Tales of the Eld that his mother used to read to him at bedtime, "The Wind through the Keyhole." (The novel can be placed between Dark Tower IV and Dark Tower V.)… (more)

488 wanted3 pay7 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,778,977 books! | Top bar: Always visible