Portraits (First Discovery Art Book) by Tony…

Portraits (First Discovery Art Book) (edition 1995)

by Tony Ross, Gallimard Jeunesse (Collaborator), Claude Delafosse (Collaborator)

Member:Klefort
Title:Portraits (First Discovery Art Book)
Authors:Tony Ross
Other authors:Gallimard Jeunesse (Collaborator), Claude Delafosse (Collaborator)
Info:Cartwheel Books (1995), Edition: 1st, Hardcover
Tags:easy read; artists; painting

Portraits by Claude Delafosse

I LOVED THIS BOOK! I have tendencies to drool over art. I'd LOVE to use this book in my classroom when covering the greatest artists. It's a good way to show that art is universal and beautiful. I love how this book was made. It's interesting to see things from a different perspective. ( )
  aalkurd | Sep 30, 2013 |
Portraits is an early introduction to many famous portraits by Grant Wood, Leonardo daVinci, Rembrant, and other such artists. The book includes many transparent illustrations and surprises every time you turn the page. I LOVE exposing children to all works of art, especially the famous pieces. I love inspiring children to draw and express themselves. This book is perfect to introduce to very young kids because it isn't very wordy and the pictures are extremely fun. ( )
  Klefort | Nov 11, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0590552007, Hardcover)

Introduces famous portraits with the help of interactive overlays and die cuts, teaching young readers about the artistic contributions of such figures as Renoir, da Vinci, Rembrandt, and Dali.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:49:36 -0400)

Presents portraits by famous artists, using transparent pages which permit the reader to "discover" interesting aspects of the paintings.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,635,651 books! | Top bar: Always visible