Mayhem (Kimani Tru) by Artist Arthur

Mayhem (Kimani Tru)

by Artist Arthur

811,035,133 (5)None

I have followed this series but the very beginning and it has been a great read! I loved reading about each character, seeing them from their point of view and of course, watching them grow into their powers. What I adore about Ms. Arthur is the elements she uses in her books. There not just supernatural powers, but real stuff that people deal with everyday. Take bullying for example. It is now getting out there and more people are stepping up, trying to help the victims out. But what happens when you bully a kid too much? I think we all know the answer to that question.

Jake has always been a quiet guy and has taken in everything. He never said a word and let it boil all inside. He lets his anger grow and when his powers start to go the the bad side, we the reader see it all explode. I just loved Jake. He is so selfless in who he is, he didn't want to bother anyone with the bullying. He thought that he can do it on his own, but could not. I loved that this book has a great view of what bullying does to people. It's not cool and it only creates more problems. Jake, already facing more trouble, had to learn to not only control his powers, but learn to control his anger. Anger that he had every right to have.

What really got me hooked, is the fight that Jake fought. He fought bullying for so long, that he turn around and used his powers to get back. This battle was not only emotional, psychical, but also very spiritual. Fighting anger that has been instilled in your heart for so long is hard. Jake had to learn to let things go, to forgive or else it would take over him.

The plot line of the story is very different from the first two books, but still a great read. I can't express to you how much I loved this book and how I loved getting to know Jake more. If you have not pick up this series, you should. It not only has some great supernatural things going on, but a great story mixed with real life issues. ( )
  Bookswithbite | Jul 20, 2011 |

A lot can change in a few months. Jake Palmer is living proof of that. In a short time, the once–shy loner has discovered his incredible supernatural abilities and forged a tight bond with his fellow Mystyx. What's more—he's fallen for his best friend, Krystal. And fallen hard.

Still, some things remain the same—like the jocks who keep bullying him. Even though they have no idea how powerful Jake has become. And while he tries to follow Krystal's advice, he may not be able to keep his cool much longer. But there are bigger problems ahead, because the darkness that's been hovering nearby is about to descend on the town of Lincoln, Connecticut. And when it does, the Mystyx will learn who to trust, who to fear and just how much is at stake

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:33 -0400)

Jake Palmer, once a shy loner, discovers he has incredible supernatural abilities and forges a tight bond with his fellow Mystyx. What's more, he's fallen in love. But the jocks keep bullying him - will he be able to keep his cool?

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,964,946 books! | Top bar: Always visible