Two Truths and a Lie by Sara Shepard

Two Truths and a Lie

by Sara Shepard

All signs point to Thayer in Two Truths and a Lie, the third installment in The Lying Game series. After Thayer's surprise "attack" and subsequent arrest, Emma tries to gather evidence against him to prove he killed Sutton. But did he? Or is it someone closer to Sutton who did the deed? Maybe her sister Laurel?

All dissenters beware! I actually like this series. Honestly, it isn't like Pretty Little Liars at all. It might actually be more simpler, albeit Shepard's thing with twins aside. I like how spirit Sutton knows absolutely nothing and the fragments she does get are meant to tease the audiences, to make us go full throttle in the wrong direction after the wrong person based on what we read.

I would love it if it turned out Laurel killed Sutton and knew all the time who Emma was. That would be so intense! But what is going on with Ethan? What is his story? What if he couldn't let go of losing his science scholarship and snapped? Then why save her during the snuff prank? Was it because he actually felt bad or he saw the great and powerful Sutton Mercer can be taken down?

I know in the next book all signs will point to Laurel. However, it won't make sense because who hit Thayer with the car? Laurel loves him and there was nothing to indicate from the flashback that the car was trying to hit Sutton and Thayer just got in the way. That is assuming that the same person who hit Thayer also killed Sutton. It could two separate incidents. Two separate people.

Damn you, Shepard, you've done it again! More questions and like one answer. ( )

Y2Ash | Apr 16, 2014 |
I've read some reviews where people thought this was just a filler until the next book comes out, but I enjoyed it. The readers learn more about Thayer and his relationship with Sutton in this one. I'm ready for the next one. ( )
  middlemedia2 | Jul 20, 2012 |
I have a soft spot for The Lying Game. I anxiously await the next release starting a maximum of three days after the previous one is released, and so there’s quite a lot I love about the series. An avid reader, as well as viewer of the TV show, I just cannot get enough of Emma and Sutton! True to form, Two Truths and A Lie had my attention from the first line up to the cliff-hanger ending. One thing Sara Shepard is really excellent at is playing with the reader’s head and emotion, using what the reader already knows against them, and Two Truths and A Lie does this several times throughout the book.

I am hoping that it’s just personal tastes and that the next Lying Game book will be as enthralling as ever. True, there were still take-my-breath-away tense moments in Two Truths and A Lie, but it just didn’t enthrall me as it usually does. Harry Potter had Goblet of Fire and The Lying Game now has Two Truths and A Lie. Niether are bad, per say, they just don’t meet expectations. Hopefully, this is just a one-book stall, and Shepard is able to pick up the story again in Hide and Go Seek. ( )
  Shayna_Gier | Mar 4, 2012 |

Seventeen-year-old Emma Paxton steps into the life of her long-lost twin Sutton to solve her murder, while Sutton looks on from her afterlife.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,912,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible