Infamous by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Nick is walking on the darkside and stoping into it a few times too much for comfort. His father is aware of his powers and has come looking for some of them. Nick must die for him to have them, not a good outcome for him. Nick is beaten so many times it is incredible that he still can walk and talk. His mother, bless her bad mother heart, just can't ever give him a break. She doubts him in everything and puts his life at even greater risk. His school, friends and others all turn on him as a new nasty comes into the picture. It messes with the students over the internet blaming Nick for terrible things. Nick, is once again abused because of his fathers wrongs. He is not totally alone. But, he will suffer and he will learn more than he ever wanted to. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I thought that this installment in the series was just ok. I got bored really fast with all the pep talks and all the "OMG, I'm gonna be the ultimate evil...." angst and all the badgering that Cherise gives Nick. I ended up skimming the last few chapters. I'll read the next one, but may end up borrowing it from the library rather than buying it. ( )
  GanneC | Jan 28, 2016 |
I was right about the book being an alternate dimension of the main Dark Hunter book. I think it save me from giving enough spoiler for the book.

Its an okay book. I would have loved it more if the Nick was actual Nick I knew and the demon infestations and posession is on overdrive which I adore as always being supernatural geek. Fifteen year old Nick made me cringe but he's one tough guy to actually been in and out of hospital more than any one in DarkHunter books. Its quite a feat too. And I'm not kidding about the humor in the book. I know its an attempt to lighten up the demonkind storyline but it was always something about a book in a third POV that made me crack up for no reason..

The main storyline basically consists of cyberbullying and bullying involving doctored pics doing explicit acts to Nick's impending doom. I like that the book really did address to the genre it serve without overdosing on the metallurgy and canonical madness. It does hint up a bit about the DH characters that made one curious enough about them without dumping all out. Enough to make me look forward to the next book.

As soon as I started reading. This cracked me up!

Right where it hurt most. Well, not physically there. But mentally it felt like his gonads had been stomped straight into the ground.

Ahahahaha!

And I was right to say this book was a Fringe episode with Nick trying to be September the Observer on his younger self. Earlier of the story I suppose then its back to pure young Nick Gautier chronicles.

One Malachai. One Sephiroth.

..... I'm sorry Sherri. I only think about this Sephiroth whenever he pop in the books.

Oh, now that was cool. “So I’ll be like Obi Wan Kenobi with my Jedi mind tricks.” He held his hands up and fanned them around like he was conjuring the Force. “‘These are not the droids you’re looking for.’”
I love this!

...great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. And life’s too short to worry about what other people do or don’t do.

he who dies with the most toys wins and the spoils always go to the victor. So win big.

“No good deed goes unpunished. And for that, you might spend the rest of your life in prison. Go you.” Nick refused to believe that. It couldn’t happen that way. It couldn’t. “I thought the law was all about getting to the truth?” Virgil burst out laughing. “Stop watching Law and Order, kid. Courts don’t care about the truth. The only thing that matters is what you can prove. It’s not ‘innocent until proven guilty.’ It’s ‘I have an open case log thicker than the New Orleans and surrounding parishes phone books and I need to close some of them.’ So until you prove to me that I arrested the wrong person, you’re going to jail, buddy, and I’m closing at least one case this week.”

extremely quotable book. Its Josh Whedon verse right here. ( )
  aoibhealfae | Jun 2, 2014 |
Book 3 of the Chronicles of Nick series
When reading these it is nice that the continue right where the last one left. Almost like a while book that has been chopped into chapters ( )
  TeamDewey | Apr 15, 2014 |
Infamous by Sherilyn Kenyon (Chronicles of Nick Series book 3) ( )
  Chantelle713 | Sep 25, 2013 |

"The world has fallen in love with Nick Gautier and the Dark-Hunters. Now Nick's saga continues in the next eagerly anticipated volume... Go to school. Get good grades. Stay out of trouble. That's the mandate for most kids. But Nick Gautier isn't the average teenager. He's a boy with a destiny not even he fully understands. And his first mandate is to stay alive while everyone, even his own father, tries to kill him. He's learned to annihilate zombies and raise the dead, divination and clairvoyance, so why is learning to drive and keep a girlfriend so dang hard? But that isn't the primary skill he has to master. Survival is. And in order to survive, his next lesson makes all the others pale in comparison. He is on the brink of becoming either the greatest hero mankind has ever known. Or he'll be the one who ends the world. With enemies new and old gathering forces, he will have to call on every part of himself to fight or he'll lose everyone he cares about. Even himself"--… (more)

467 wanted2 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,836,681 books! | Top bar: Always visible