Saint Iggy by K. L. Going

Saint Iggy

by K. L. Going

This book was really sucky. This is on of the most dreadful book ive ever read. I kept having to pushing my self to keep reading it. It was bad and im not going to ever read a book like this ever again. D:
  furmanas11 | Feb 14, 2013 |
Fundamentally, Iggy is a good kid--despite the fact his mother is a meth addict and has gone "visiting" and probably won't return, despite the fact his father is an alcoholic and an addict, despite the fact that they live in the projects and there is no food and Iggy sleeps on a sofa his dad found in the trash, despite the fact Iggy is about to be expelled. Only Principal Olmos sees potential in Iggy and Iggy comes up with a plan to change everyone else's mind about him. This is a realistic, totally compelling book about poverty, choices, and redemption. (Spoiler alert: it does not have a happy ending) ( )
  elizabethholloway | Oct 11, 2011 |
Fantastic. ( )
  Dewdette | Aug 6, 2010 |
Didn't see the ending coming. Interesting and heartbreaking story of a boy with drug-addicted parents. ( )
  hoganedix | Jul 30, 2010 |
This book has such a strong sense of character--that "voice" is really compelling. It's a fast read, and I like it that here and there a line would jump out at me and really pull me into the book emotionally. I was a bit disappointed with the ending, though it had a lot of potential and some interesting imagery. ( )
  elissajanine | Jan 11, 2010 |
"If you try, you will find it impossible to do one great thing..." Mother Teresa "The judgment whether a people is virtuous or not virtuous can hardly be passed by a human being." Adolf Hitler
So I got kicked out of school today, which is not so great but also not entirely unexpected, and I went back to Public Housing where I live to tell my parents all about it but my mom went visiting someone or other and probably isn't coming back and my dad is stoned off his ass on the couch like he always is, so somehow I'm not getting the vibe that he'd really, you know, care, so I think, Here's what I'm going to do: First I've got to make a plan. And this is part of the plan- making a plan- so really I'm doing good already.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152057951, Hardcover)

I am not so bad a person once you get to know me.

When Iggy Corso gets kicked out of high school, there's no one for him to tell. His mother has gone off, his father is stoned on the couch, and the phone's been disconnected, so even the social worker can't get through. Leaving his public housing behind, Iggy ventures into the world to make something of his life. It's not easy when you're sixteen, have no skills, and your only friend is mixed up with the dealer who got your mom hooked. But Iggy is . . . Iggy, and he has the kind of wisdom that lets him see what no one else can.

K. L. Going's third novel is a haunting achievement about a young man's tragic search for meaning in a world that to him makes no sense.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:41 -0400)

Iggy Corso, who lives in city public housing, is caught physically and spiritually between good and bad when he is kicked out of high school, goes searching for his missing mother, and causes his friend to get involved with the same dangerous drug dealer who deals to his parents.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,745,385 books! | Top bar: Always visible