Cinder: Book One in the Lunar Chronicles by…

Cinder: Book One in the Lunar Chronicles (edition 2012)

by Marissa Meyer

2,1853512,972 (4.1)1 / 288
Member:Silver
Title:Cinder: Book One in the Lunar Chronicles
Authors:Marissa Meyer
Info:Feiwel & Friends (2012), Hardcover, 400 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:science fiction, fairy tales, dystopia, young adult

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Graceling by Kristin Cashore (Rozax)
    Rozax: Protagonist is relegated to third-class citizenship because of her gifts and must overcome prejudice.
    The Selection by Kiera Cass (Aleana)
    The Stepsister Scheme by Jim C. Hines (MyriadBooks)
    The Silver Metal Lover by Tanith Lee (MyriadBooks)
    Jenna Starborn by Sharon Shinn (MyriadBooks)

English (347)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  All languages (350)
I really liked this book, I kind of knew she was going to end up being the alleged deceased princess. ( )
  nycke137 | Jul 29, 2014 |
Cindrella as a cyborg. Yes, I gave up on it because it was driving me nuts but I am sure the girls will love it. Buy ( )
  FaithLibrarian | Jul 29, 2014 |
A great YA fantasy set in the future. ( )
  kresslya | Jul 27, 2014 |
For my grandma, Samalee Jones, with more love than could ever fit into these pages.
The screw through Cinder's ankle had rusted, the engraved cross marks worn to a mangled circle.
Book One: While her sisters were given beautiful dresses and fine slippers, Cinderella had only a filthy smock and wooden shoes.
Book Two: There was no bed for her, and at night when she had worked herself weary, she had to sleep by he hearth in the ashes.
Book Three: "You want to go to the festival, all covered in dust and dirt? Be we would only be ashamed of you!"
Book Four; The prince had the stairway smeared with pitch, and when Cinderella tried to run away, her left slipper got stuck.

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

From Amazon.

As plague ravages the overcrowded Earth, observed by a ruthless lunar people, Cinder, a gifted mechanic and cyborg, becomes involved with handsome Prince Kai and must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect the world in this futuristic take on the Cinderella story.… (more)

Current discussions

Cinder - Marissa Meyer in Fairy Tales Retold

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,698,269 books! | Top bar: Always visible