A Million Suns by Beth Revis

A Million Suns (2012)

by Beth Revis

Series: Across the Universe (2)

8019511,418 (4)20
Recently added byemareld2000, BindiJ, Juliababyjen77, GaylaBassham, private library, Tricialenht

Really good. It held me in suspense from beginning to end. ( )
  EdenSteffey | Mar 14, 2018 |
Well, that was excellent. Significantly better than the first one. ( )
  eaduncan | Sep 14, 2017 |
We pick up where we left off at the end of [b:Across the Universe|8235178|Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)|Beth Revis|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1401852218s/8235178.jpg|13082532]. Elder is now running things on Godspeed, and Amy is struggling to accept her life onboard now that she has been unfrozen a few months. Elder and Amy stumble upon a big, big secret, and it changes the lives of everyone aboard. Decisions must be made, but at what cost?

Part sci-fi, part teen angst, part political exploration, book 2 is action-packed. The people on board now have free will, and many struggle with it after a lifetime of control. Rebellions, deceptions, and deaths are happening throughout. And you are left at the end waiting to see how it all will conclude in the final book.

I am definitely enjoying the storyline in this series, but I don't feel emotionally connected to any of the characters. I want to better understand the motivations and feelings in both Amy and Elder. The chapters are from their first-person POV, and we could go so much deeper. We could have better insights into the inner struggles of both main characters, but we don't. Still, it's an entertaining story, just lacking in character depth, keeping it in solid 3-star territory. ( )
  GovMarley | Aug 6, 2017 |
Awesome! ( )
  Verkruissen | Jul 8, 2017 |
IT WAS GREAT I LOVED IT ( )
  Banoczi_Henrietta | Jun 19, 2017 |

Beth Revisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Järvinen, OutiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"This isn't going to be easy," I mutter, staring at the solid metal door that leads to the Engine Room on the Shipper Level of Godspeed.

When Elder discovers shocking news about Godspeed, he and Amy race to discover the truth behind life on the space ship. They must work together to unlock a puzzle that was set in motion hundreds of years earlier, unable to fight the romance that's growing between them and the chaos that threatens to tear them apart.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,345,657 books! | Top bar: Always visible