A Million Suns: An Across the Universe Novel…

A Million Suns: An Across the Universe Novel (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Beth Revis

Member:Bookswithbite
Title:A Million Suns: An Across the Universe Novel
Authors:Beth Revis
Info:Razorbill (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 386 pages
Rating:*****

A Million Suns by Beth Revis (2012)

Too good. ( )
  gracefranks25 | Apr 24, 2016 |
I definitely enjoyed this book more than the first. Like I said before, I think it has to do with the narrators. Elder's voice on this audiobook was more suited to the character.

I enjoyed the mystery clues left for Amy to find. She takes all that happens in stride. She continues to be one of my favorite characters. Amy is persistent in finding the truth. She also does her best to fight her fears. Elder wasn't as impressive to me this time. I think it has a lot to do with his attitude. He refuses to ask for help when he should. He thinks he can handle everything himself. That's one of his biggest flaws. He acted on the circumstances from the first book, and didn't think things all the way through. He allowed his emotions to rule him.

The plot in A Million Suns was great. Not only are Elder and Amy led on a scavenger hunt for clues, but people are being murdered. You'll be taken on a fast paced journey to figure out the message behind the clues and who's behind the killings. It's a complete shocker.

I wasn't sure I'd like this one after my experience with Across the Universe, but I'm glad I stuck with this trilogy. Great mix of sci-fi, with a little romance.
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
  MisaBookworm | Feb 2, 2016 |
I'm not one to read sci-fi, but "A Million Suns" is so much better than "Across the Universe." Amy and Elder are back, and no, their love situation still isn't solved, though you get to see some nice scenes with them. The twist in the book is crazy and the ending is a cliffhanger, but I can't wait to see the final book, even though they decided to change those beautiful covers to something ugly and boring! ( )
  uhohxkate | Jan 31, 2016 |
Elder is now the leader of Godspeed, since the death of Eldest. The once smoothly functioning ship is now rife with discontent as the Feeders are now living without the drug, Phydus, being fed to them via the water supply. No longer are they numb to emotion and blindly obedient. Others clamour to lead, and Amy is in danger thanks to lies Eldest told the entire crew about who and what she is. To top it off, Elder has learned that not only is the ship behind schedule, it isn't even moving.

Fights are continually breaking out, several people are murdered, and both Elder and Amy have to fight for their own safety as well as the safety of others. Amy has been given clues to follow to find out the secret of what could lie ahead for them if and when they reach Centauri-Earth by Orion, who is now cryogenically frozen until he can be tried for his crimes. Will they ever be able to reach this planet, or is the ship doomed to sit in space until it has no more power to sustain life?

Another page-turner with the tension building throughout the book. Not something to read if you need to turn in early and get a good night's sleep unless you start early enough in the day to finish it before bedtime. ( )
  Karin7 | Jan 20, 2016 |

Beth Revisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Järvinen, OutiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"This isn't going to be easy," I mutter, staring at the solid metal door that leads to the Engine Room on the Shipper Level of Godspeed.

When Elder discovers shocking news about Godspeed, he and Amy race to discover the truth behind life on the space ship. They must work together to unlock a puzzle that was set in motion hundreds of years earlier, unable to fight the romance that's growing between them and the chaos that threatens to tear them apart.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,257,956 books! | Top bar: Always visible