A Million Suns: An Across the Universe Novel…

A Million Suns: An Across the Universe Novel (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Beth Revis

Member:Bookswithbite
Title:A Million Suns: An Across the Universe Novel
Authors:Beth Revis
Info:Razorbill (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 386 pages
Rating:*****

A Million Suns by Beth Revis (2012)

This book was as good as the first one. I’ve always wondered what would happen if we decided to find another planet in case we kill this one or something happens like the moon moves out of orbit and changes the tides. The story continues with what is happening on Godspeed. Amy and Elder/Eldest fight to figure out a way to make sure they are on track to arrive at Centauri-Earth even though they appear to be hundreds of years behind schedule and possibly never reach Centauri-Earth. I won’t give away what happens but this is a nice continuation to the first of the trilogy. Looking forward to see what happens in the conclusion. This is an enjoyable young adult series. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
It's hard to believe this was written by the same author as "Across the Universe." Not as interesting, very slow, had to force myself to finish it. So disappointed . . . ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
Too good. ( )
  gracefranks25 | Apr 24, 2016 |
I definitely enjoyed this book more than the first. Like I said before, I think it has to do with the narrators. Elder's voice on this audiobook was more suited to the character.

I enjoyed the mystery clues left for Amy to find. She takes all that happens in stride. She continues to be one of my favorite characters. Amy is persistent in finding the truth. She also does her best to fight her fears. Elder wasn't as impressive to me this time. I think it has a lot to do with his attitude. He refuses to ask for help when he should. He thinks he can handle everything himself. That's one of his biggest flaws. He acted on the circumstances from the first book, and didn't think things all the way through. He allowed his emotions to rule him.

The plot in A Million Suns was great. Not only are Elder and Amy led on a scavenger hunt for clues, but people are being murdered. You'll be taken on a fast paced journey to figure out the message behind the clues and who's behind the killings. It's a complete shocker.

I wasn't sure I'd like this one after my experience with Across the Universe, but I'm glad I stuck with this trilogy. Great mix of sci-fi, with a little romance.
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
  MisaBookworm | Feb 2, 2016 |

Beth Revisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Järvinen, OutiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"This isn't going to be easy," I mutter, staring at the solid metal door that leads to the Engine Room on the Shipper Level of Godspeed.

When Elder discovers shocking news about Godspeed, he and Amy race to discover the truth behind life on the space ship. They must work together to unlock a puzzle that was set in motion hundreds of years earlier, unable to fight the romance that's growing between them and the chaos that threatens to tear them apart.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,485,890 books! | Top bar: Always visible