The Seduction of His Wife by Janet Chapman

The Seduction of His Wife

by Janet Chapman

Alex Knight has been in Brazil, and Rebels attacked his work site, he escapes through the jungle and is missing for 10 days and is reported killed.
Mean while back in Maine his Dad marries him by proxy to the new housekeeper to protect the Grand-kids.
Sarah Banks married for 8 years, widowed for 4 years, virgin. Things are about to get real interesting when Alex comes home. ( )
  Pebblesgmc | Oct 25, 2013 |
I thought the premise sounded good when I picked this book out.
When I looked up the reviews online though I saw it was sort of a mixed bag.
Well, I guess I would have to say I fall in the middle somewhere. I didn't love this one, nor did I hate it.
Alex Knight is presumed dead, leaving behind two children. Grady, Alex's father ,takes steps to insure that the kids are not taken by their maternal grandparents by having Sarah marry Alex by proxy.
Sarah agrees to marry Alex and adopt the children. This gives Sarah the family she always wanted without having to hunt down "Mr. Right".
The only hitch in the plan is that Alex isn't dead. Now Alex and Sarah are both in a marriage they hadn't bargained for.
After a drunken interlude with Alex, Sarah is determined to get control of her life and move forward with some business plans she has.
Alex wrestles with his feelings for Sarah. Part of him just wants a little fun while they are officially married and the other part of him wants to make the marriage work.
After the first 'encounter' Alex and Sarah have, there's not much chemistry between them. Alex tries to get Sarah into bed a few times, but she sees his intentions and doesn't fall for it. So, she spends her time trying to fade into the background .
The good part of the book was the suspense element which took me by surprise. I thought this was just a contemporary romance, but there is a romantic suspense element in this one. That was the part I liked best about the book. Otherwise it was just kind of lukewarm. Overall a C- ( )
  gpangel | Dec 27, 2012 |
Meh. Not impressed. Not going to read book 2 in the series. I hope her highlander books will be better. ( )
  aromagik | Dec 1, 2010 |
  aromagik | Sep 7, 2010 |
  aromagik | Mar 12, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 141650527X, Mass Market Paperback)

He set out to seduce her for all the wrong reasons -- but found himself falling in love with her for all the right ones.

Alex Knight is dead -- or so everyone thinks. A widowed logger baron with a risk-taking streak, he took on a South American engineering project and was reported dead after a rebel attack. So when he turns up back in Maine very much alive, his grieving family is shocked. But the biggest shock is Alex's, when he discovers he's now married -- to a woman he's never met.

Sarah Banks is ready for a change from running a quiet Bed & Breakfast, and working for the Knight family offers not only a bigger opportunity, but also the family life she yearns for. So she's glad to help secure custody of Alex's orphaned children, whom she's come to love, by marrying their father by proxy before he's legally declared dead. But when Alex returns, the sexy, determined woodsman upends all of Sarah's plans. Because suddenly she's married to a passionate stranger with an easy smile...and tumbling headlong into a fiery dance of seduction.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:24 -0400)

Alex Knight is dead--or so everyone thinks. A widowed logger baron with a risk-taking streak, he took on a South American engineering project and was reported dead after a rebel attack. So when he turns up back in Maine very much alive, his grieving family is shocked. But the biggest shock is Alex's, when he discovers he's now married--to a woman he's never met.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,058,644 books! | Top bar: Always visible