The Mosswoods by Astrid Yrigollen

The Mosswoods

by Astrid Yrigollen

The story was predictable and not well written. ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Sep 25, 2014 |
An interesting book which I really enjoyed reading. There is a little bit of rebellion on the part of the young woman, but she is still quite a good person. Very good description of paranormal involved in the story. ( )
  roadway2000 | Nov 12, 2012 |
Poppy Mosswood has lived for 17 years in the large family house next to a very large forrest. As a child she was told about the creatures that lived in the woods but at 17 Poppy hadn't thought about them for years. That is until she meets them. Sweet fantasy tale for young adults, was a great read and was a very nice way to spend an afternoon in the sun.. Can not wait to read the sequel. ( )
  Scoshie | Aug 14, 2012 |
I was weary of the story at first... I had a hard time getting into it but once I did, I was hooked! I was genuinely interested in the love triangle (although secretly hating Poppy just like I do every female lead who has two beautiful men after her) and I was so happy at the end! The teaser for the second book made me even more excited to continue reading about Poppy and Mosswood - as if I wasn't excited enough by the end of the story anyway.
A nice fantasy story brings nature and love together in a really interesting way! ( )
  ritakhavich | Aug 11, 2012 |
The Mosswoods are the guardians of the woods, and have been for generations. As modernity and development encroach, they need to be vigilant. This becomes a problem when their only child, Fern, reaches adulthood. Will she continue the tradition or will the barriers between the natural and the commercial forces vanish?

I loved the story line: the tension between generations was believable, and Fern and her parents were believable and likeable characters. I am not even sure at what point I suspended disbelief, but I was drawn into the story pretty quickly. Although the tensions (generational, nature/technology, etc.) were clear, the story was not preachy in the least as much ecological fiction tends to be.

The book does need some major proofreading - and I did get it as part of a member giveaway, so there is probably still time for that. If that had been cleared up, I would have given it an extra half star.

Overall, a cute story on decisions and doing the right thing (along with teen crushes and coming of age issues). ( )
  KelliSFlor | Jul 29, 2012 |

Poppy Mosswood like most 17 year olds wants to lead a normal life. But the Mosswood family is anything but normal. Keepers protect the land from humans who would exploit it. For in the forest dwell wondrous creatures and dangerous beings. Beings that would love nothing more but to overthrow all of mankind. Ruthless billionaire Preston Buckthorn moves to town planning to marry Poppy to his son Brad.

Brad wastes no time trying to win her heart but his love is warped by the taint that runs in his blood. As Poppy is taken in by Brad's charms the appearance of a handsome stranger from the forest awakens her heart even though it is forbidden by both their worlds. From his long dark green hair to his piercing eyes, Ashtel is beautiful and powerful. He feels the danger that has emerged to threaten both of their worlds.Torn between pledging herself as a Keeper, Brad and Ashtel, Poppy is unaware of the true identity of Preston Buckthorn and that his sinister plan includes much more then just owning Mosswood forest.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Astrid Yrigollen's book The Mosswoods was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Astrid Yrigollen is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,148,079 books! | Top bar: Always visible