Three Girls and a Baby by Rachel Schurig

Three Girls and a Baby

by Rachel Schurig

This is a funny book. I could not put it down and read in one setting. When Gin was in labor saying she couldn't do this anymore was so funny. She started out a spoiled brat who changed into a woman over the course of her pregnancy. ( )
  Sharon612 | Dec 7, 2013 |
I am a sucker for books about second chances. I am also a sucker for books with accidental pregnancies and how couples work their way through the shock. Three Girls and a Baby is a wonderful example of both of these, but most of all it is a book about the growth of a young woman's character and friendship.

I must admit that through the first half of the book I really did not like the main character, Ginny. I felt she was pathetic, self-centered and weak. The only reason I kept with the book was the fact that her best friends, Jen and Annie, were phenomenal. I figured if they saw something in Ginny, I should give her a chance. I am happy that I stuck it out. After the second half of the book, we saw Ginny grow as a character into a strong woman.

I appreciate that the author showed us the back story of Josh and Ginny through out the book. It helped the reader understand the actions of both characters. Although I figured out why Josh truly was not contacting Ginny, I still could not help but be angry with Josh. Even though I absolutely understood his actions, it was still frustrating.

Jen and Annie were amazing friends to Ginny. They were great and fun additions to the story. The strength, patience and support they lend Ginny during her pregnancy shows the depth of their love and friendship to one another.

I will definitely be reading the other 3 books in this series. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a well written book about second chances, friendship and ultimately acceptance. ( )
  paisean13 | May 23, 2013 |
I loved reading about the escapades of Ginny and her closest girlfriends. In this book, Ginny has several obstacles to overcome and has to rely on them often for support. There were a few twists and turns along the way throughout the story, and I found myself reading it at every chance I got. I can't wait to read more from this author. ( )
  sealford | Mar 9, 2013 |
I liked this book alot, I thought it was very realistic and a great read. Great story about true friendship. ( )
  rtroth | May 15, 2012 |
In this book Ginny thought that she was going to marry her college boyfriend Josh and that they would live happily ever after, however Josh breaks up with her after college graduation. Instead of planning her wedding Ginny moves into a small house with two of her friends back in her hometown taking a nanny position. After a night with her ex boyfriend Ginny becomes pregnant and the book then takes a turn in showing her feelings about the unplanned pregnancy. Her friends turn out to be supportive during her pregnancy and she gets a new job in a bookstore along with a handsome new boss. Her new boss takes a liking to her and she starts to have feelings for him. He is supportive of her pregnancy something that her ex-boyfriend is not. There is a shocking twist at the end of the book when Ginny’s ex-boyfriend returns to town and looks her up. The ending is a big suprise and it is different than most chick lit books. This is a good book where the main character grows up and learns more about relying on herself and good friends rather than just leaning on a guy. She learns how to deal with her issues on her own terms. ( )
  mminor1985 | Feb 24, 2012 |

Rachel Schurig is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,653,590 books! | Top bar: Always visible