Three Girls and a Baby by Rachel Schurig

Three Girls and a Baby

by Rachel Schurig

I enjoyed this book; it is about a journey of self-discovery, friendship, love, and, of course, motherhood.
I didn’t much like Ginny at the beginning of the book, but she grew on me as she grew herself during the book.
The story is well structured, in the beginning it keeps you interested because you want to know what happened between Ginny and Josh, and then you want to know how it will end.
I had guessed the main coup de théâtre… but hey, I like it when I get it right.
The only thing I didn’t dig was the great gorgeous bachelor falling for the pregnant girl…
  SaraRomanceLove | May 8, 2015 |
This is a funny book. I could not put it down and read in one setting. When Gin was in labor saying she couldn't do this anymore was so funny. She started out a spoiled brat who changed into a woman over the course of her pregnancy. ( )
  Sharon612 | Dec 7, 2013 |
I am a sucker for books about second chances. I am also a sucker for books with accidental pregnancies and how couples work their way through the shock. Three Girls and a Baby is a wonderful example of both of these, but most of all it is a book about the growth of a young woman's character and friendship.

I must admit that through the first half of the book I really did not like the main character, Ginny. I felt she was pathetic, self-centered and weak. The only reason I kept with the book was the fact that her best friends, Jen and Annie, were phenomenal. I figured if they saw something in Ginny, I should give her a chance. I am happy that I stuck it out. After the second half of the book, we saw Ginny grow as a character into a strong woman.

I appreciate that the author showed us the back story of Josh and Ginny through out the book. It helped the reader understand the actions of both characters. Although I figured out why Josh truly was not contacting Ginny, I still could not help but be angry with Josh. Even though I absolutely understood his actions, it was still frustrating.

Jen and Annie were amazing friends to Ginny. They were great and fun additions to the story. The strength, patience and support they lend Ginny during her pregnancy shows the depth of their love and friendship to one another.

I will definitely be reading the other 3 books in this series. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a well written book about second chances, friendship and ultimately acceptance. ( )
  paisean13 | May 23, 2013 |
I loved reading about the escapades of Ginny and her closest girlfriends. In this book, Ginny has several obstacles to overcome and has to rely on them often for support. There were a few twists and turns along the way throughout the story, and I found myself reading it at every chance I got. I can't wait to read more from this author. ( )
  sealford | Mar 9, 2013 |
I liked this book alot, I thought it was very realistic and a great read. Great story about true friendship. ( )
  rtroth | May 15, 2012 |

Rachel Schurig is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,893,673 books! | Top bar: Always visible