Princess Charming by Nicole Jordan

Princess Charming

by Nicole Jordan (Author)

PRINCESS CHARMING by Nicole Jordan is an exciting new Regency historical romance. Book 1 in the "Legendary Lovers" series. Ashton Wilde, Marquis of Beaufort, the eldest Wilde cousin and is looking for true love by imitating history's legendary lover's,starting with Prince Charming. However, we have a Princess charming instead of the other way around. Enter, Maura Collyer,who isn't looking for a Prince or a husband at all. What follows is witty banter, a matchmaker,a fairy Godmother,passion,romance,danger,and true love. When Ash decides to help Maura regain her beloved stallion,he awakens a long forgotten feeling,starts a seduction that only could be a true fairy tale. A fast paced, adventure filled with passion,and danger,if they get caught with Maura's beloved stallion they both could hang. Wonderful new series. I can hardly wait for the next installment, the Wilde cousins will prove to be a match for love. Ms. Jordan is one of my favorite historical romance authors and I have many,"Princess Charming" was no exception, I enjoyed it tremendously. Received for an honest review from the publisher and Net Galley. Details can be found at the author's website, Ballantine,an imprint of Random House Publishing and My Book Addiction and More.

RATING: 4.5

HEAT RATING: MILD

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, My Book Addiction and More/My Book Addiction Reviews ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Nov 18, 2012 |
All I can say is the main female character is no Cinderella, she's even better!

If you like books containing heroines who are no pushovers falling for...more All I can say is the main female character is no Cinderella, she's even better!

If you like books containing heroines who are no pushovers falling for stubbornly smooth lords then this is the book for you. With a sense of will-power to redeem her father, Maura Collyer proves to be quite the opposite of Cinderella until she meets Ash. Ashton Wilde, Marquis of Beaufort, wasn't looking for love until he gets curious about Maura. Both of these characters are so unlike thier fairy tale but thier love is just as genuine.

I loved reading every single page of this book. I've read it not once, or twice but about four times and I know I will be reading it again and again soon. ( )
  Clx.Bkwrm | Jul 6, 2012 |
Reviewed by Sarah L
Review ARC provided by Nancy Berland Public Relations
With an entire shelf on my bookcase dedicated to Nicole Jordan's backlist, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Princess Charming, the first book in her new Legendary Lovers series. Loosely based on the timeless classic, Cinderella, we have the dashing hero Ashton Wilde, Marquis of Beaufort, Maura Collyer as the damsel in distress wronged by her wicked stepmother and the two (not so wicked) step-sisters.

Ash's sister, Katherine with the help of Uncle Cornelius, develop a theory that each member of the Wilde clan will have their own fairytale. When the situation arises with Maura's stallion being sold to a dastardly villain by her step-mother, Katherine presents the idea to Ash of being Maura's "prince charming". While both Ash and Maura scoff at the idea of the fairytale romance they are drawn to each other and sparks start to fly.

Maura was a great heroine who was strong and independent but also showed a vulnerable side as well. Ash was a sweet, romantic kind of take charge guy but sensitive and vulnerable too, afraid of getting hurt after the loss of his parents. The playful banter between Maura and Ash and actually, between the entire Wilde family was fun and enjoyable.

Ms. Jordan has done it again by creating an enjoyable, action-packed story that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I am eagerly looking forward to reading more about the Wilde family. ( )
  RtB | Apr 17, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345525272, Mass Market Paperback)

In Nicole Jordan’s dazzling new Regency series, the scandalous Wilde cousins seek true love by imitating history’s legendary lovers . . . beginning with Ashton Wilde, Marquis of Beaufort, who takes on the daunting role of Prince Charming to an unlikely Cinderella.

Thanks to the mischievous meddling of his matchmaking sister, Ashton Wilde meets a damsel in distress during the midnight magic of a lavish ball. But Maura Collyer isn’t looking for a prince—or an intimate pairing with any member of the scandalous noble Wilde family.

Intrigued by Maura’s beauty and daring, Ash is determined to aid in the rescue of her beloved stallion, gambled away by her wicked stepmother to an evil viscount. As their adventure becomes rife with peril and passion, Ash suspects he’s found his heart’s desire.

Even though her dearest friend may be her self-proclaimed fairy godmother, Maura is mortified at being pushed into a romance with a notorious rake such as Ash. Dashing and charming, he comes to Maura’s rescue just in time to help her steal back her precious horse. As they flee across the countryside, she can’t resist his sweet seduction. But is her prince playing a role in a fairy tale to test an improbable theory, or is the love awakening in her heart proof of her own happily ever after?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:41:56 -0400)

Follows Ashton Wilde, Marquis of Beaufort, who, seeking true love by imitating history's legendary lovers, plays the role of Prince Charming to an unlikely Cinderella.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,610,323 books! | Top bar: Always visible