Autumn Leaves by Ken Robbins

Autumn Leaves

by Ken Robbins

420525,247 (4.22)3

Summary:

"Autumn Leaves" by Ken Robbins is about the different trees and different leaves. It also shows the different colors and the shapes of the leaves. The book explains the different colors of the leaves and how the leaves fall off of the tree. It also talks about the textures of the leaves.

Personal Reaction:

This book is perfect for children that I want to teach. The book explains the different leaves and the trees that the leaves were once on. The book helps the children understand about the leaves and why they are changing, in an easy and fun way.

Classroom Extension:

1. Have the students go out and get leaves on the play ground and have them write down some description of the leaves.

2. Then use the leaves to make a picture.
  makayladawn | Nov 26, 2016 |
GR: M
GL: 3.3
DRA: 24
Lexile: 770L
  Infinityand1 | Aug 3, 2016 |
Summary
This is an informational book about autumn leaves. This book shows the different types of trees and leaves and their shapes and colors. It also talks about how their colors change in the fall, and how the leaves fall off of the trees. The very end of the book also talks about carbon dioxide.
Personal Reaction
I think this book is great and very relatable to the age of children that I would really like to work with. They are just getting to the age where they will be exploring these types of things. I think that although it is an informational book there would be a lot of things that could be done with it in the classroom.
Classroom Extension
1. Collect leaves, and make our own tree.
2. Make turkeys out of fallen leaves for Thanksgiving.
  mnahardiman | Nov 6, 2014 |
Retelling: Ken Robbins begins by describing the different characteristics tree leaves have. Then he shares some surprising and interesting information about common trees, including a photograph of the whole tree.

Thoughts and Feelings: I was surprised to discover that gingko trees existed during prehistoric times. I wonder how they know that. I also wonder where the Gingko tree got its name. It has a very peculiar spelling.
  Ms.Penniman | Aug 27, 2011 |
Autumn Leaves is a book that identifies and describes leaves on different types of trees. The book describes the leaves shape, their veins, and texture. Also, at the end of the book it even briefly describes photosynthesis.

I liked this book because it not only describes the leaves but the trees they come from, and it also gives a brief description of the trees. It's a good book to introduce autumn and the changes it brings.

In the classroom I would use this book to read to the students, then we would go outside and see if we could find any leaves we were talking about, then we would do a art project and the children could trace, draw, and color their leaf they identified.
  StephSchmahl | Apr 4, 2009 |

Describes the various characteristics of leaves and how they change color in autumn and fall from the tree.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,399,064 books! | Top bar: Always visible