Hidden Summit (Virgin River) by Robyn Carr

Hidden Summit (Virgin River) (edition 2011)

by Robyn Carr

2201452,892 (3.91)2
Member:CalicoCat
Title:Hidden Summit (Virgin River)
Authors:Robyn Carr
Info:Mira (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:Read but unowned, Read 2012
Rating:***1/2
Tags:PB, Romance, Series, 17 of

Hidden Summit by Robyn Carr

An enjoyable story especially how the romance developed despite their old baggage. It has a good plot, plenty of action and an adorable hero with strong family values. Connor is hiding in Virgin River under witness protection when he meets Leslie who is in town to get away from her annoying ex-husband.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Another good Virgin River series book. Connor Danson is a hiding witness of a murder. While he tries to keep a low profile, he meets Leslie Petruso. She has gotten divorced but she can't seem to get rid of her ex, so she goes to Virgin River to get a start on the rest of her life. The sparks fly between Connor and Leslie. Good read! ( )
  love2cook | Dec 30, 2014 |
I love Robyn Carr's novels. I'm biased. She usually writes a strong story about true-to-life people and problems. This book is no different. Yes, the endings are a little too happy happy, but it's a romance. ( )
  lesmel | Nov 17, 2014 |
I came to this a Virgin River virgin... but I will probably be reading ALL the books.

Conner Danson is a decent guy who had the bad luck to be the only witness to a murder, and worse luck that the murderer has enough connections to burn down the family hardware store and threaten his life and that of his sister. Leslie Petruso is divorced from a narcissistic personality who won't leave her alone to lick her wounds, but insists she MUST still want to be besties with him and his new, pregnant wife (after long refusing her requests to start a family together). Both Conner and Leslie come to fictional Virgin River, set in Humboldt county California, with romance as the last thing on their minds.

I enjoyed so many things about this book. Both characters are in their thirties, and are not rushing the romance, nor denying the attraction they have for each other. When they do get into bed, condoms are a given, and the sex is hot, but the book is not all about the sex, but a gradually increasing LIKING/falling in love with one another, and a showcasing, however idealized, of small-town life. Although there is the angle that Conner's life is (theoretically) in danger, this is NOT a romantic suspense; the pace is slow, and the ending doesn't come with the hero shooting it out with the bad guy.

I also immediately related to Leslie because I have my own annoying ex in Grants Pass, Oregon, which I found amusing. If you like your romance slowly simmered rather than insta-love, you'll appreciate this book and series. ( )
1 vote writerbeverly | May 1, 2014 |
Again, another wonderful "walk" into the beautiful and heartwarming town of Virgin River.
A great way to spend our time that leaves us with a sense of peace and a smile. ( )
  Lost_Lenore | Oct 28, 2013 |

Accepting a job at the Virgin River branch of Haggerty Construction, Leslie Petruso, using this opportunity to start over after a bitter divorce, tries to ignore the chemistry between her and Conner Danson, who has also been burned by love, but to no avail.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,300,507 books! | Top bar: Always visible